CAN'T WAIT FOR MY GTI

allgolfdup

ordered mine and of may...i dont have the guts to call up and find out progress in case of dissapointment!!..the suspense is killing me...i have gti dreams every night! ECLIPSe.gifi think build time differs regarding the chosen specs.for example the pearlescent paint job needs 2 trips to the paint room... bowdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

ordered mine and of may...i dont have the guts to call up and find out progress in case of dissapointment!!..the suspense is killing me...i have gti dreams every night! ECLIPSe.gifi think build time differs regarding the chosen specs.for example the pearlescent paint job needs 2 trips to the paint room... bowdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....I ordered mine at end of May too. VW started building her 11th July....Shipping next week....UK Preparation the following week....Should pickup first week of August.

I have GTI dreams at night as well!! I thought something was wrong with me so I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone!

[ QUOTE ]

Ordered 29th March, Collecting (Hopefully) 18/19th July.

Trouble is I'm thinking about it so much now that it's starting to slow me down at work.

I mean I'm a work now and I'm on here! I need help! suicide.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean! I ordered mine 16th June 2005. Stealer has told me 1st September delivery. The wait is starting to hurt. crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ordered 29th March, Collecting (Hopefully) 18/19th July.

Trouble is I'm thinking about it so much now that it's starting to slow me down at work.

I mean I'm a work now and I'm on here! I need help! suicide.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....It's called being In Love!! Girls can have the same effect. At the risk of appearing to be very sexist (which I'm actually not), "G" is for GTI and not for Girlfriend....GTIs always willingly respond and don't have mood swings or expectations/demands. They also have Gee-Tee-Eye-Candy!! :-)

But, don't worry....You are not alone! Only a couple of weeks to go for me (all being well). I've got to the point where I don't want to drive my present car and I love driving!

[ QUOTE ]

ordered on the 10th of may and recently had build week put back from 28 to 33 (no explanation) so now looks like beginning of sept for delivery.

Think the stealer conned me and i could have got a car quicker if i had ordered elsewhere...

[/ QUOTE ]

....Sounds like the stealer had met his monthly allocation but wasn't telling you. September? Well, if you are in the UK at least you'll get the latest registration "55" instead of 05 numberplate. Aren't UK license plates yuk?!!

If you are on good terms with your stealer (I happen to be due to common stuff in our pasts....I got nearly 3 hours of test drive), ask him to give you the choice of reg at the time. You'll probably choose from about 12 variations and have to make an instant choice on the phone.

[ QUOTE ]

....It's called being In Love!! Girls can have the same effect. At the risk of appearing to be very sexist (which I'm actually not), "G" is for GTI and not for Girlfriend....GTIs always willingly respond and don't have mood swings or expectations/demands. They also have Gee-Tee-Eye-Candy!! :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif

I ordered 15th January and the car was delivered on 5th May so I know what you guys are going through. I don't think it was my most productive 4 months at work.

Just keep hanging in there because the car is superb, I have 3000 miles on mine now and it is really starting to go.

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

has any one heard of the vw and audi tuners called "ABT sportsline"?!?...if so...is anyone planning on getting any modifications to their GTI??...the body kit is quite sexy!!

[/ QUOTE ]

....Magazine "Volkswagen DRIVER" July issue has a feature. I particularly like the matt black bonnet on the Tornado Red body. I dunno about performance....The standard Mk5 GTI satisfies my driving.

allgolfdup wrote:

"she's pearl black,riding 18" high,knows where she's going and lets me rest my arm on her lap whilst holding my cd's!"

....Very cooool!! Nice words and nice id. Some girls might say we are a bit sad but I don't agree....In the words of Stephen Stills (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young) - "Love The One You're With".

169144-ok.gif Robin