Northen Meet, Wed 11th, 7:00pm onwards

AL B

Mark, this is from memory, but it should serve you.

Take M62 and leave at J21 - bear left (can't remember where it's signposted).

Keep to the left as you merge with traffic coming over the motorway and turn left at the r'bout (approx 300yds after leaving the mway).

Follow this road round and you'll come to a set of lights. Filter right at the lights.

After about 100yds, there's a mini r'bout. Bear left.

Follow this road up the hill and bear left where the road forks. I think the left is marked as a side road, but the junction is more of a 'Y'. This road takes you into Littleborough (after driving through the country for a little while). Watch for the tight (120deg) left-hander when you are driving around the lake. You sort of drive towards a pub, and it looks like the road goes straight on past the front of the pub, but it actually veers left just before the pub. Easy to miss on a dark night.

Eventually, you'll come to a road junction, where you turn right (you're joining a main road in Littleborough). Follow this for perhaps 1/2 mile until you reach the A58. Turn right at the junction towards direction of Halifax (or Ripponden). This road takes you out of Littleborough and up onto the Pennines. Follow for around 2 miles and you'll see the White House pub on your left bang on top of the Pennines. Can't miss it as it's the only place lighting up the night sky up there smile.gif

As I say, these directions are from memory, and I've only been there twice, but I think they're reasonably okay. If in doubt, just point the car towards Littleborough and you'll eventually find the A58, where you head towrd Halifax.

If you feel safer not following the twisties, leave the M62 at the Rochdale junction (20, I think). Head into Rochdale and pick up the A58 there out towards Littleborough, Ripponden and Halifax.

I'm sure Gaunty will post the map of the place, but to be honest it doesn't really help you get from the M62 to the pub - just assumes you can figure that out wink.gif

Trev

Checked out the pub again today and it's still there - amazing how different everything looks in the daylight!

Wind was blowing a 30-40mph gale, which nearly had my door off when I got out of the car, so watch it if it's still windy Wednesday night.

I had the mixed grill again, but sad to say I could was not able to finish it - much to the amusement of my mates, who all had sensible meals. smile.gif

I will not be having the mixed grill Wednesday night though - just too much food for me to eat - good luck the rest of you!!

Yeah, another really good meeting. Great to meet Mark and Dave.

Another eventful drive back to the motorway too. shocked.gif I had Dave driving up my arse all the way! mad.gifsmile.gif Or at least I think it was Dave, could have been Mark - I'm not sure. Sorry I held you up mate, but with it possibly being icey I didn't want to take risks by driving too quickly.

Anyway, on the never ending tightening slip road of Junc 21 (Manchester bound), Dave was giving me a fair bit of pressure, but a TT was ahead. So I tip-toed along the very tight bend in the outside lane in order to get level with the TT. We got level just as the slip road straightened out. The rest is just a blur. I booted my car, left the TT (I think, unless he was in my blind spot) and accelerated up to the ton and eased off. Dave did you come past me and disappear off into the distance? I can't remember. But then I saw the TT some distance behind come charging along the motorway with another car close behind. Well, it was truely impressive when the TT came past me, he was really going some, but who was right up the TT's arse....as if from nowhere, Mark!! grin.gif TT moved over, Mark just powered away into the distance. grin.gif

Dave, remember when we were talking about that hesitation problem on my car? Happened again as I was accelerating up the slip road onto the motorway, ESP was off. Think I'll ring one of the tuners to ask their opinion on what it might be.

Also, remind me who you are getting your Millers from and what's your e-mail?

Cheers

AL

Hmm,

Al, it was Mark 'up your arse'. You both left me about half way back to the motorway - cold engine and all that !

John Roberts is bringing the Millers to Oulton Park next Wednesday. Email him / Bushy and John will bring yours as well i'm sure.

Nice to meet you folks, I enjoyed it, second Wednesday in the month, I will get to as many as I can.

David

Dave,

Cheers. I'll mail them.

Seriously, it wasn't you? Christ! Marks car is fast then! Bloody hell. All the way to the motorway I was thinking, "this is very aggressive driving from Dave, - and he struck me as such a nice, quietly spoken chap. Bloody S4." And all the time it was that lunatic Mark!! grin.gif

Can't wait to hear Marks side of the tale. smile.gif

Next meeting Wednesday the 15th of Jan then?

AL

It was the beermeister himself Tony.

Nice guy, nice car. Pity I didn't get a chance to check out those Porsche brakes, but had to shoot off -oh, and it was fecking freezing -2.5C according to my DIS and blowing a 20mph gale!

Great to meet mark and david - hope you can make it reasonably regularly.

But where the rest of you (yes, I know you were at a Club Audi meet Phil) - Gaunty, Howie, Andiroo, and all those others who live in the northwest ? smile.gif

I was driving like a bloody grandma down t'other side of t'hill.

Think it had been gritted, but I didn't want to push the speed up and discover that it wasn't by having to recover my car from a ditch - or worse the reservoir half way down the hill.

Hate it when it's icy - gimme rain or host summer evenings any time.

Yeah I went quite slowly down the hill. Didn't know if it had been gritted or not, don't really know the road and wanted the engine to get fairly warm. Plus I was so cold in the car, I was shaking/shivering all the way down - heated seats are good, but I wish they worked a little quicker!

AL

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

heated seats are good, but I wish they worked a little quicker!

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i bloody do as well - very annoying (and illogical), by the time they have warmed up, i'll have transferred some of my own heat to them anyway!!

AlB said [but then I saw the TT some distance behind come charging along the motorway with another car close behind. Well, it was truely impressive when the TT came past me, he was really going some, but who was right up the TT's arse....as if from nowhere, Mark!! TT moved over, Mark just powered away into the distance.]

What TT?? Never seen any TT, I was only cruising back home, listening to Rush....... very relaxed... (after the supermegamaximixedgrill).

By the way, it was great seen you all guys.......and see you again on Wednesday 15th January.....