Anyone got a copy of Autocar today then ?

CarMad

MATT!!

What on earth makes you so bitter ? Your responses are often bitter to others as well. All I'm trying to do is sincerely and honestly express opinions about car choices/comparisons. Tempting as it is, I'm not going to spend time giving you the fuller reply you appear to deserve. Let's just move on!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something useful to say mmmmm i didnt know you took it that seriously.

You have been talking a lot of dung.gif and as previously said you are very bitter in your comments.

If the astra is that good then change your name, somehow i dont think you will, as it doesnt have quite the same ring to it? 123576-assfeck.gif

Bitter?

And why?

Only thing I'm a bit peed off about is that I tried loads of VWs (non R32s) and they were all disappointing and I also received very indifferent service despite having the R to trade it.

Your comments just show you have nothing useful to say, just a bit of insulting.

Surely it's nearly home time for school now or are you on your parents PC at home?

[ QUOTE ]

Brilliantly insightful there w45tle.

You must be some kind of public debating expert.

Anything useful to say?

Oh no, just a laughing smiley at your own "joke".

CarMad - I think we may be on a two man crusade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt

I can honestly say that I have agreed with everything you have said. I don't think either of us have highly critisised the current Golf. Just pointed out that there are possibly better cars out on the road and that VW is no longer the car company it once was in terms of quality and reliability.

Lets face it, if you want to save money you can get almost the same car for less in a Skoda or Seat, or a little more in an Audi. In a recent survey on the costs to change an alternator on exactly the same engine a 1.8T in 4 different cars in the VAG group. The skoda was the cheapest, then Seat, VW and Audi top, the differnce was over £100 to do the same job. Now who is the clever one, and this is why in other less class ridden countries such as Germany they are buying the Skoda in droves because the hate being ripped off.

If anyone said anything to the contary I can drag up a whole load of starts that would back this up, From the UK, US and German to name a few but they all say the same thing.

I have driven many many cars because of what I have done in the past and the view of magazines can be very very wrong. The people writing them often have the same biased view that many on this thread also seem to have. But thank god some call a spade a spade.

I hope that all who have a Golf GTI enjoy it, but also pitty the views of those that have never even stepped foot in an Astra / Focus / Lexus etc. to even look at the alternatives. But at least some are honest enough to say that they get the car as much for the image as they do the car itself, nothing wrong with that, and good on you for admiting it.

But I want a car that is more than just image, and the GTI is, I want to ensure I have tried all the alternatives regardless of badge to get the best car for me.

Enjoy your cars one and all, I think I am done on this thread. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Of course you have made it very clear that you can afford ANYTHING so therefore your opinion MUST be right.

I see this "opinion" time and time again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt can you read, or do you just look at the pictures. I have not once said what i can and can't afford so where did you get that from.

[ QUOTE ]

Right wing Daily Mail reading opinionated arrogant gumph

[/ QUOTE ]

- please explain, you've lost me there!...sounds like a sweeping generalistation to me... surley, it can't be, you're normally so open minded and liberal!

As for my Alan Patridge comment - it's called a joke, surely you haven't lost your sense of humour too.

Matt , You aren't listening to anyone else who disagees with you. I think its just a difference of opinion , please except this, some like VW some don't.

There are plenty of reasons for liking VW plenty for not , some of the negative reasons maybe more important to you and that's why you feel the way you do.

LeMan - That was actually a mistake and directed at Red Robin (I got you both mixed up).

Alan Patridge comment didn't sound like a joke - It was a snipe.

I'm not in the slightest bit bitter, I just stick to my guns when I know I'm right.

I've ruffled a few feathers, shown a few home truths to some of you and sparked a good debate (if I was just plain wrong, this would have ended ages ago - The replies are all self justifications). It's got me a fair way in life so far and will continue to do so.

I laugh at status, I laugh at preconceptions, I laugh at pre judgement and I laugh at you.

Oh by the way, did I tell you I can easily afford a new M5?

I havent tried to say anything useful because i dont think the subject warrants it, because.....

1. You have automatically assumed that no one on here has owned other vehicles and therefore could make sensible judgements on what to spend their money on.

2. You have assumed that most people on here know very little about cars and the car market today ( very naive).

3. You are someone who HAS owned a VW and is proud to use the R32 in your name.

All of the above reasons are why i took the piss, i have owned and driven loads of cars even straying from VW for a time to own a Vauxhall. I now own the new GTI because of the way its drives and looks, simple as that and no i DONT want another vauxhall......................thanks all the same 169144-ok.gif

That's more like it.

Whether I agree or disagree, at least you've presented your opinions properly.

By the way, I've owned 6 VWs and my parents and two sisters currently have 5 between them.

I'm not "proud" of my R32 name, I've just used it for about two years and it's stuck.

Oh and points 1 and 2 mean the same thing.

Yawn - So do we now have to prove how much we know about cars then?

Driver training (Police and IAM trained BTW)? Recital of ramdon car facts? Cars we've driven? Etc, etc.

You're dying to tell me how much you know (like Red Robin wants us to know how much he can easily afford) about them so go on, tell us.

[ QUOTE ]

I laugh at preconceptions, I laugh at pre judgement and I laugh at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you implying that none of us have ever stepped foot in anything other than a VW GTI. I, like lots of people on here, would not comment on anything unless i had first hand experience of it.

You think the VXR is a great car for the money - which it is.

But the Vauxhall badge is bothering you... that's why you're getting so bitter about it. You're frustrated at society and taking it out on us.

If you genuinly didn't give two sh!ts, then you would just buy it and shrug us off. But you're attacking us because we're reinforcing what your gut instinct (and most probably your wife) is telling you too.

Errrrmmmm - No. My wife is the one that pointed the car out and suggested we try it. And what has that got to do with it anyway?!

What I'm "attacking" is muppets that right cars off because of preconceived ideas and opinions.

It's very much a scrouge of modern "new money" society.

I am NOT a Vauxhall fan - I bloody hate the Corsa, Meriva, etc. I AM a fan of the high end Astra (to a certain extent) because it's a genuinely good, well made car (possibly a first for Vauxhall) and because I (and many others) have left status at home, opened our eyes and bought a good car.

You have a skateboard logo as a sig - I thought most skaters were a bit more broad minded?

I was when I skated.

[ QUOTE ]

Errrrmmmm - No. My wife is the one that pointed the car out and suggested we try it. And what has that got to do with it anyway?!

What I'm "attacking" is muppets that right cars off because of preconceived ideas and opinions.

It's very much a scrouge of modern "new money" society.

I am NOT a Vauxhall fan - I bloody hate the Corsa, Meriva, etc. I AM a fan of the high end Astra (to a certain extent) because it's a genuinely good, well made car (possibly a first for Vauxhall) and because I (and many others) have left status at home, opened our eyes and bought a good car.

You have a skateboard logo as a sig - I thought most skaters were a bit more broad minded?

I was when I skated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too old to skate, I just longboard on my Sector 9 now 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm chilled (good aircon in this office) beerchug.gif

That was great fun 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....OK Matt - So all your strutting your stuff is just having fun to you. Sure, you've got some very valid comments even if only based on your relatively short experience of life - 30yo you said....with a 27yo wife you said (relevance?)....now tell us how fit she is! See! I'm doing a 'MattR32' to you!) but, most unfortunately, you consistently make very unnecessary and snide remarks, not just to me but to several others (do I have to list them?). Also you don't bother to listen properly to others and/or understand what you read even when it's calmly explained more than once. If you behave like this when face to face with people, sooner or later someone is simply going to react and squash you big time whether you've got kickboxing skills or not. I'm not threatening you but merely informing you that you reap what you sow. PLEASE chill out and give some consideration to others. Have fun, enjoy joking, but leave out the snide stuff 'cos you'll just make enemies. Your sharpness shows that you are clever enough to understand this.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I don't like the Astra VXR is because I have seen it and don't like the look of it - end of story, no point going any further. I'm not saying that is the only thing I look for, or that the GTI is a superb looker, just that it has to have that in the first place before I look at it, then once I find a car I like the look of I drive it. So it's not a preconceived idea, it's my opinion of the car as it stands.

And I'm trading down after having BMWs and Mercs so it's not the cars image that matters to me

PS It's "write off" not "right off" 169144-ok.gif

Surely if the GTi is better than Mercs/BMWs then you are actually trading UP?

Red - I hear what your saying and no, I'm not as antagonistic in "real" life (apart from when competing in sport maybe). Body language counts for a lot and you can't use it here so points have to be pushed more strongly.

LeMan - Tried to change my sig/Avatar but it's not working.

Haven't skated for a while but I've got a lot of scars...

Was going to reply again.. But I saw this on another forum just now and well... Its from the US.

I think a lot of people see it like this:

Tier 1:

Benz, BMW, Lexus (and obviously the super lux brands)

Tier 1.5:

Audi, Jaguar, Range Rover

Tier 2:

Infiniti, Volvo, Cadillac (depends on the model - some are higher)

Tier 2.5:

Acura, Saab, Lincoln (I put it lower)

Tier 3:

Volkswagen, MINI

[ QUOTE ]

Tier 1:

Tier 1.5:

Tier 2:

Tier 2.5:

Tier 3:

Volkswagen, MINI

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

feckin yanks, what a load of shite... here ya go, more like it! 169144-ok.gif

Tier 1:

VW

Tier 1.5:

Audi, Jaguar, Range Rover, Benz, BMW,

Tier 2:

Tier 2.5:

Tier 3: MINI

Tier 45: Lexus (The japanese Mercedes)

Tier 90: Vauxhall

[ QUOTE ]

Was going to reply again.. But I saw this on another forum just now and well... Its from the US.

I think a lot of people see it like this:

Tier 1:

Tier 1.5:

Tier 2:

Tier 2.5:

Tier 3:

Volkswagen, MINI

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Nah, more like

1. Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Porsche, AM, Bentley

2. Mercedes, Jaguar, BMW, Range Rover

3. Audi, Saab, Volkswagen, Volvo, Lexus

59. Vauxhall, Ford

199. Renault, Citroen