Right going to get a PC were do i get one then ?

Tomk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol changed it again - didn't notice that the TSN software inserts a URL behind the text and I didn't change the URL...

I'm assuming you found the correct link anyhow. You should be looking at getting the Sonus DAS pack with the machine along with 4" SFX spot pads for the smaller areas. There are discount codes kicking about and If you need them give me a shout grin.gif

ok all ordered ! ive got the following !

Porter Cable 7424 1 129.00

Polisher

Sonus Dual-Action System 1 44.95

Foam Pads: Sonus DAS Pad Kit

Sonus SFX-3 Spot Pad 2 5.95

3.5" Dual-Action Spot Pad 1 11.95

Backing Plate1SP 2 5.95

Sonus SFX-2 Spot Pad 2 5.95

Sonus Der Wunder Wasche 1 9.95

Subtotal 231.55

Coupon discount (abc) -34.73

Subtotal 196.82

Shipping 61.40

Tax 0.00

Total 258.22 - so thats £148 in all phew ! right need to get £40 worth from screwfix too and ive already got polishes etc, so full review coming shortly ! ( phew indead over £200 is it really worth it !!!! well ill find out !!! ) what do you all think ????

i also need to add i have the clay bar, stage 1 2 3 of megs' and p21 to finish

so im going to

wash

claybar

wash

speed glaze ( and Dual action polish if needed ) with PC

stage 2 then 3 with pc

final coat of p21 by hand buff of with pc then detail all plasticts and tyres ! let me know what you think !

[ QUOTE ]

i also need to add i have the clay bar, stage 1 2 3 of megs' and p21 to finish

so im going to

wash

claybar

wash

speed glaze ( and Dual action polish if needed ) with PC

stage 2 then 3 with pc

final coat of p21 by hand buff of with pc then detail all plasticts and tyres ! let me know what you think !

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I'd wash, clay then go straight to polishing as an extra wash is a bit of a waste of time IMHO. You can clay either using QD as lube or weak soap solution.

Stage 2 is a pure polish, stage 3 a carnuaba sealant from memory so Speed Glaze will almost certainly clean them both away. I'd substitute Stage 2/3 for Speed Glaze then P21S by hand.

I prefer to hand wax as using the Sonus bonnets I was cursing inside 5 minutes - not a big fan.

Sorry to rip your routine apart - wouldn't want to see you wasting time/product.

Have fun and if you need any PC tips, please just ask.

[ QUOTE ]

im happy for any advice ! so you would just say to speed glaze with ( what colour pad ? ) then go straight on to just p21 ? i dont need to do anything else ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The polishing oils in #80 are very rich indeed so you can just go onto your p21s afterwards.

But it does depend on the condition of the paint before you start. Speed Glaze as Brazo says is rich in oils but is only a light polish; the oils will fill swirls rather than remove them.

If youn have swirling, I'd try one of the Poorboys SSR (Super Swirl Removers) first. They range from SSR1 (light abrasive) to 3 (high abrasive and not really suitable for PC use) - SSR2.5 is my go-to polish as it works fast and VERY effectively. C&S are due to be stocking this any time now (if they aren't already). And as a bonus it will work in direct sunlight without any reduction in performance.

You can then use the #80 but TBH SSR2.5 will provide a surface ready for sealing/waxing in my experience - #80 will generally add just a little more wetness/depth but it's NOT sun friendly - so keep in the shade when applying.

^^I have wondered that myself actually but never experienced a problem and their after sales service is so good it really gives me confidence buying from there. Each order is fully trackable and it will arrive within 3-5 working days a lot better than buying from some UK companies.

i cant wait ! smile.gif im going to use the megs pad with speed glaze and see how i get on , if that does not work ill use the dual action polish , all in its about £200 but its gonig to last years - ive got about 4 cars to do in total, plus its going to save me hours and hours in elbo grese !

DACP is harder work than SSR2.5 - takes longer and doesn't produce the same result.

As for duty - grrrrr!! I didn't email autopia in advance and got stung for something like £30. Mind you, I've never had any duty issues other than that so I can't complain I guess.