Right going to get a PC were do i get one then ?

Tomk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see you are in reading, im about 40 mins from there , maybe we should hook up , what products you got ? we could test etc, ive got the 3 stage , speed glaze, dual action polish, p21 and loads of other random cleaning stuf, but that will all be my main stuf, i ordered off screw fix at 9pm last night was here at 11am ! not bad at all !

Havent got a great deal of product at the moment to be honest. Just been using Gold Class wash, Clay bar and Gold Class Wax. Used to use Autoglym before I discovered MEgs and have a fair bit of SRP left from those days.

Will possibly just use these up before trying anything new, but always thought the 3 stage would be me if I had a machine to cut down on the time needed to apply 3 stages.

Almost definately gonna go for the Poorboys SS2.5 to sort out the paint first.

Have been thinking about the Souveran and reading around, but not so convinced now as it sounds like it doesnt last particularly long. Considering Pooboys Nattys or P21 instead but have heard many people indifferent to either. Dont mind experimenting with sealant so much at these lower prices though!

Could be useful to meet up and compare technique/product etc (& maybe have a beer!), but probably not possible for a couple of weeks for various reasons. I had noticed you were in Bucks and the thought had crossed my mind already.

Will follow your progress with interest though...

3 heats better than one wink.gif all my great is in to bags so easy enough for me to meet up , just let me know when is good for you guys and we can have a mass cleaning session ( beer included of course ) i just dont have the bottle to us anythign but the pc, should get it on monday i recon so will let you know how i get on! - ive got a blue a3 by the way ,

http://www.tyresmoke.net/gallery/albut35/my_A3_at_work_new_wheels

ah yours is metalic is it not ? mine is flat , but should get a good compair and contrast ! cant wait now will be fun with someoen else and get a good idea on how to do it , will save me hours in the future getting a good finish, got mates that want me to do there cars to for an arranged fee too !

I would highly recommend you try autoglym SRP with the pc on a polishing pad, i too dropped this ages ago in favour of megs but tonight I put my prejudices aside and it works great as a paint cleaner cum light polish. Just top with a wax - superb!

I had heard that. I was very happy with the finish SRP gave me, but hated all the white powder and cr*p - with on orbital it is supposed to go on much thinner so there is very little residue. This is why I am going to start off with my existing SRP and some form of wax/sealant.

ah tell a lie just called home and it was delivered at 11.24 this morning smile.gif nothing to pay on the door so suppose it was marked up right too, still was not cheap to ship ! oh hope there is some sun soon so i can get out and have a go!