Does Anyone actually like Fresco Green?

getawaydriver53

I just picked up my new Passat TDI 130 on Tuesday, Fresco Green (pale silver/grey green is the best way I can describe it) and personally I think it's the best colour I've seen a Passat in. Every one and their dog has a silver one, the dark blue is a bit conservative and black whilst very nice is a pain to keep clean.

I personally think it's a really nice colour and for the record I am quite butch in real life.

*edit for typos*

[ QUOTE ]

"It's better than pink i suppose..."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I like that comment much........

My own view on this subject is if you liek the colour who gives a FF what anyone else thinks. I happen to liek it, but then I like pink cars as well.

Welcome to tyresmoke. 169144-ok.gif

When I bought my Passat I had a choice between 2 used ones - picked the Fresco green because I thought it was a bit different to the standard Ink Blue of the other one, and I prefered the colour (which helped!).

IMHO, the Fresco Green suits the Passat much more than the Blue.

But now I've got a Black Pearl GT TDI Golf, so I'm resigned to a life of a dirty looking car! But then the other one's a land rover, so it shouldn't be too hard!

Cheers

Ben

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers Guys, puts a smile on my face to know somebody else enjoys being different to the normal inky blue or black brigade! beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to be different? Buy a car that's different to the mainstream in the first place, not a Passat!

As for the colour, I had a Dragon Green one not long ago and loved the colour. Not too keen on the colour of yours though, sorry if that offends but there ya go, can't tell a lie. pengy.gif

Wobby, here's the thing. There are people on here that can do that in a day, there are people on here that have done that in an afternoon. I first joined TSN because I needed help and advice wtih my car, and that's what you do, offer help and advice. Fine I admit TSN is much more than that, but helping others has to be at the core. Well done Wobmeister. 200 quality posts. I look forward to reading the next 200. notworthy.gif

Just don't take so frecking long. I hope you don't drive like you post, sooooo slow. You obviously have typing issues. And where are those pictures you promised anyway? You do them slowly too.......... and so on. smashfreakB.gif

Too many posts reduce the impact and dilute your skills smile.gif

I do low numbers of high quality post!! WHAT B***OCKS I TALK

I am away for a few weeks so it will be better on here with out me talking nonsense. I never promised pictures (your putting words in my mouth) are you a politician smile.gif

I have to clean it first, not had chance yet. I work mostly 7 days a week and then do paperwork most nights. I'm not a lazy art director tongue.gif

Now now fella's, we've all had a drink.

I've been driving around in "the beast" for about a week now, the more i see it, the more i likes it. And i meant different in colour terms, not model. Find me a car as well made and roomy (i'm 6'6") for the same price that isn't mainstream and i'll buy one! besides, they don't get mainstream for nothing wink.gif

a Volvo s60? you buy that for a bet? suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Now now fella's, we've all had a drink.

I've been driving around in "the beast" for about a week now, the more i see it, the more i likes it. And i meant different in colour terms, not model. Find me a car as well made and roomy (i'm 6'6") for the same price that isn't mainstream and i'll buy one! besides, they don't get mainstream for nothing wink.gif

a Volvo s60? you buy that for a bet? suicide.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that mate, there was me under the impression that you were after opinions. Looks like you wanted your mummy to tell you it's alright instead.

Sorry if I offended but opinions can do that to you. Thing is to be sure in yourself and your decisions. Never let a total stranger even try to tell you what to think, I know I never do. Oh, finally, I'm well over 6 feet and there's 16 stone of me and I fitted in my Passat just fine, I also fit in loads of much smaller cars. This has never been my main reason to buy a car, I can usually think of better ones. wink.gif

Quite like the colour. I wouldnt have thought people would dislike it as much as they seem to do. Its not that different really. Inky Blue is nicer though, especially now ive had the bumper painted smile.gif

Whats wrong with an S60? Tians certainly looks nice and he went from a Passat so hes surely in the best position to comment on them!

Different colours.... anyone seen the weird browny/gold coloured Toyota Aventis's?