Which dealer

Simonl

I live in London/ Essex and my local dealer (abridge Loughton) is quoting 6 months delivery shocked.gif

Anyone know any good local stealers, semi-near by, that offer good Part X prices and any discounts (long shot) and are generally not a bunch of 123576-assfeck.gif

....if there is such a thing.

[ QUOTE ]

I live in London/ Essex and my local dealer (abridge Loughton) is quoting 6 months delivery shocked.gif

Anyone know any good local stealers, semi-near by, that offer good Part X prices and any discounts (long shot) and are generally not a bunch of 123576-assfeck.gif

....if there is such a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Dorchester, Dorset too far ?? I can only say that one particular guy there (an ex kart racer) has been excellent all the way through. He phoned me to give me my chassis number today before delivery late next week/very early following week.

Just to give you helpful info I'll call him on Monday and ask him what he knows about deliveries. German factories close for August. I ordered mine (with extras) 3rd week of May and was given start-build date of 11th July which they did. I've heard that there are delays if you combine 18" wheels with DSG (don't ask me why).

Leman,

As regards the delays on 18s and DSG, this was originally because of supply problems and has now been cleared up. If a dealer is quoting 6 months , they have already taken their quota for the next few months fekr.gif. Order to delivery should take 12 weeks ( any spec), try a larger dealer as they have a slighly larger allocation. 169144-ok.gif

As for discount i always use this method( as long as you have a decent car to part ex, and you have!!)

1. Take your time in the show room and appear extremely interested.

2. Get them to price your car( they always go low)

3. Ask for a discount indicating that they would get the order then if they could oblige.

4. i would expect at least £500... ( never accept the first offer)accept the deal if happy but tell them you will sell yours privately

5. hey presto get a good price for yours and a discount wink.gif

Hi

I can reccomend Lincoln VW (part of the big Dixons group and owned by RBS). Did the entire deal over the phone and I got a discount in (roughley) 1.5 sec of asking and the fellow (Andrew) updated me what whas happening every couple of weeks or so. Car even arrived 1 week early. Px was on my Alfa was very good (again all done on the phone) as was the finance. 5 stars all round.

• 3 weeks later...

nice one gtiv,

i was dealing with vw abridge in loughton... shocking service. got them to throw in swapping my phone kit over into the new golf free of charge and a full tank of petrol but they wouldnt budge on the price at all. They also told me it would be ordered in june or july the latest (i paid deposit on 23rd june)

when i went back to make a few changes to the spec they told me it wouldnt be going through to vw till august... they also said they couldnt do the phone fitting for free as they said it would cost them £200. ASSHOLES !!! I thought they shouldnt go back on a done deal.

i told them where to stick their customer service and got my deposit back. Made a right scene in the showroom and told everyone in there not to deal with them cos they'll rip them off !!

Loved every second of it smile.gif

went to another garage immediatly and got them to throw in a factory fitted phone kit and a free tank of petrol for free. put my deposit down and The next day they called and gave me my week build from vw. (went to vw the next day not 1.5 mths later)

one of my patients had exactly the same prob with the same dealers and he had to go in and threated to smash all the cars in the showroom before they would put his car through.

Morel is pick your dealers carefully and dont deal with abridge VW or their sister companies (harlow vw)

I'll keep an eye out for your Dub Jay, are you local?

Nice spec BTW, exactly what i'd get, except i'd need 5dr's and it'd have to be Black 169144-ok.gif

I've bought 3 cars from Abridge loughton, they're all c*nts. I just love taking their cars out for extended thrashings and then feckin them off!

Hi LeMan....They delivered on time - I ordered last week in May and they delivered 6th August. The only problem, apart from it feeling like forever!!, was that no-one could tell me progress between German dockside and Sheerness and my car missed the boat. Not the dealer's fault and I have subsequently informed VW that they need to cover that leg of the journey much better.

No car discounts were being offered at all at Dorchester....Right or wrong, they can afford not to bother. Got rubber mats and a full tank of Optimax though.

Both Jim and Stuart are both serious drivers themselves - Each with racing experience. I found Adam Church there to be a bit of a slick salesman frown.gif. I'm finding aftersales service, sorting small problems, to be excellent.

I ordered end of may and still have not got a confirmed build week. I'm told that it is currently build week 37 which means I'm unlikely to see my car until mid October!!!!

I made sure I didn't spec it to high as I heard all the stories of people getting delays due to have 18" alloys, DSG, leather etc etc. This doesn't seem to have made a blind bit of difference!! I've gone from being a little put out to frustrated and now down right bloody fed up.

It may be a good car (and hopefully one day I may find out just how good) but the customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

....Well, my extra factory option spec was DSG/5door/Xenons/Armrest/Cloth/Sunroof/MFS/Folding Mirrors. I have standard 17s. No SatNav nor CD changer nor PhoneKit (doing my own aftermarket audio system which includes Bluetooth for phone). The car is 2006 spec, not 2005....scook - yours will be 06 spec too. I got build week 28(?) July 11th. I was onto my dealer all the time but have become friends with him.