Which dealer

Simonl

Mine was also ordered end of May, build date week 28. Options were DSG/18s/6cd/armrest/mfsw/elecmirrors. It arrived at the dealer in the first week of August and I'm picking up on a new plate next week.

I think the dealer allocation is where the time differences come from. I visited my dealer today and they're now quoting 6months.

[ QUOTE ]

It arrived at the dealer in the first week of August and I'm picking up on a new plate next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

....You've waited an extra month just to get a 55 plate????!!!! Sorry, but that's something I simply don't understand. Mine was built week 28 and she's nearly run in.....I'm glad I didn't wait like you but each to their own.

[ QUOTE ]

You've waited an extra month just to get a 55 plate????!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. It was even tougher when I saw the car in the flesh for the first time. I was originally quoted Oct/Nov delivery, so it made the decision all the easier. In my mind I'll have a new car for 6 months rather than one. Can't bleeding wait now though. The dealer has another steel grey on 18s waiting to go which I spotted today. Also on a 55 plate, so I'm not alone in my insanity wink.gif

Hi gribs....I admire your ability to wait the extra, especially after seeing her in the flesh! Didn't she seductively whisper "Take me, take me!" ? Isn't she still preying on your mind?

Personally I'm not bothered whether the car I drive is viewed by its plate as brand new or not, but I'm not knocking what floats your boat....Each to their own and thank goodness we are all different.

Enjoy this car you will! I wish you all the best with her.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi gribs....I admire your ability to wait the extra, especially after seeing her in the flesh! Didn't she seductively whisper "Take me, take me!" ? Isn't she still preying on your mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, well I can't say it's been easy. Only nine days to go now and she will be all mine smirk.gif

It's been great reading all the posts on here, including yours, over the last few weeks. I'm ready to enjoy the experience but also know what to look out for in terms of possible glitches.

Back on topic again... the first dealer I visited in Ashford, pretty much didn't want to know when I went looking at the GTI. After 3 failed return phone calls I went elsewhere. Have had great service from the dealer in Maidstone so far. Let's hope that continues

smile.gif

Although I live in Kent, did a bitov national price comparing and subsequently ordered my (almost fully loaded bar xenons and a few other bits) from Mill Garage Sunderland. They were able to offer me £1,300.00 off the book price. I discussed this with several southern stealers and one frankly commented "I couldn't even discount you £1.30, never mind 13 undred quid, you're avin a larf son!!!"

One guess where he was told to go and another for where I went.

Just over a week of waiting now and will even do some running in around the Lake District & North Yorks Moors.

[ QUOTE ]

They were able to offer me £1,300.00 off the book price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done. That was certainly worth the effort of shopping around. I managed a measly £200 off. Though that probably would have been nothing if it hadn't been for the DSG and other toys I ordered.