Seats?

DHA

Yep - I'm fairly certain the standard cloth seats are leatherette (whatever that is).

It has a crackled effect on the leather(?) rather than the smooth look of the proper leather. I was surprised that the door inserts are leather too.. I was expecting cloth confused.gif

Still I like them and am glad I didnt pay the 2.5k for the leather - although the grey alacantra looks loverly.. cool.gif

I cant believe that those seats are so much better than VW made out. When i came to specifying my car they told me that the majority of people chose leatehr seats becasue the general feeling was that teh clother were not up to much. I expected them to be like the cheap multi coloured ones you get as standart on a citroen saxo!

They never said thet they were puttting black cloth with black leatherette. I bet those seats are more supportive aswell, i could immaginge the leather one bieng a bit slippy.

Do you thin it is worth me changing my mind and swapping the leather for the cloth, and save the money, are they worth the premium?

Well I had full leather in my TT and it wa a bit slippy. Now I've seen the cloth seats - I would definately not pay extra for leather. Personal preference I suppose, 'cos I haven't seen the full leather seats in the flesh.

If you aren't bothered about the money - get leather - but personally I would put the cash towards extra mods jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well I had full leather in my TT and it wa a bit slippy. Now I've seen the cloth seats - I would definately not pay extra for leather. Personal preference I suppose, 'cos I haven't seen the full leather seats in the flesh.

If you aren't bothered about the money - get leather - but personally I would put the cash towards extra mods jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone previously had alcantra as seat facings, the reason I went for full black leather is that it is much harder wearing, the alcantra looks like it might solidify with wear (like the cuffs on a sued jacket, if you get my drift), I test drove an R32 with the grey alcantra which IMO looks stunning with the blue paint work, and is cheaper.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I test drove an R32 with the grey alcantra which IMO looks stunning with the blue paint work, and is cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I knew I'd made the right choice even though I'm yet to see this combo in the flesh.

You might be best posting a question in the S3 section, I think quite a few owners in their have had or do have alcantara/leather seats.

Golfer, I have full Alcantara in my A3 and after 2 1/2 years, the only issue I've come across is the armrest has just started "Pilling" up. But I've got a sweater razor thing that I'm gonna take to it to see if it works. Other than that, it's just as nice as it was the first day I drove it jump.gif

beerchug.gif

I had leather/alcantara mix on my mark I clio sport - found it to be fantastic and much grippier when 'driving enthusiastically' back home in the Scottish Highlands! Hence the reason I've specced my R32 with the same combo......also wasn't that impressed with the quality of the leather on the all leather seats (in the R32) when I saw one in the flesh....

After 55K miles in a year and a half (which KILLED my wee clio!) the alcantara still looked fresh. Just borrow some of those plastic seat covers from your local VW garage if you're intending to 'christen' your car.... beerchug.gif

Oh yeah, Scottish too.......so saving £700 is always a bonus!! jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The main reason why i chose the leather is becasue there is less chance of it getting dirty. If something got spillt on it then it can just be wiped off where as with the alcantara there will be a stain...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for the info guys, good point about the stains Woppum, although it kinda depends what sort of stains your talkin about....eh? wink.gif

beerchug.gif