Should I buy an S4 Cab? Advice needed!!!

DeanW

I've not been looking to swap my car but I got offered a really, really cheap S4 Cabriolet today. It's 04 '04' in Sprint Blue with Grey Nappa done 8K with the usual extras inc Bose.

The guy who has it needs to get rid in the next few days - I can raise the cash no probs (although I'll be a little short until I sell my current A4 Cab) my dilema is 1) I'm a bit unsure about the colour - It's not that I don't like the Sprint Blue, I'd sort of set my heart on a black car next but I know I'll never find a black one for similar money and 2) Do I really need something this quick? I've not exactly got a heavy right foot and I'm concerned the power of an S4 would be wasted on me?

Given the situation should I stick or swap? Honest advice appreciated! beerchug.gif

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

You either like Sprint Blue or you don't - I don't.

But then lots don't like Moro Blue so it has to be your choice... tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I don't like Sprint Blue, I do like it, it's the fact it's not Black! I think that's the big stumbling block rather than the power issue - I mean you've not got to be foot to the floor all the time

[ QUOTE ]

The fact its not black will bug you..... FIREdevil.gif

You will look at black S4s and think.....mmmmmmmmm

BTW where did you get your Phatnoise sorted?!! Want one smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine through Ebay from a VW dealer in the Stated called Mikhan Motors, however I think these guys are even cheaper Link

Remember you'll need the cable to connect it to your head unit and also the mounting kit (should be approx $100) if you email them the make and model they'll make sure you get the right cable etc 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Audi fit Phatnoise! smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Derby Audi have a 'special' offer on Phatnoise at the moment - £479!!!

Definately cheaper to import one - they're a doddle to fit as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Doddle to fit with no technical knowledge at all and my total mechanical ability reaching to petrol, oil and tyre pressures??!!!! Be honest with me I can take it!! smile.gif

You may need a little help then . . . tongue.gif

But honestly it's pretty simple job so if you get someone else to do it for you don't let them tell you it's a horror job and try to charge you the earth. I'm not very mechanical at all and it took me about 30 minutes

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Cab Lad - how much is it exactly- the S4 cab?

If I was paying a lot of cash I'd get what I wanted, not just what comes up....

[/ QUOTE ]

PM'd ya 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why cant you say the price on here? is it stolen or something smashfreakB.gif

jump.gif

I had a sprint blue cab, wouldn't go for that colour again smirk.gif

I thought it looked good when i first saw it but would never choose it again,didnt look so good with the black roof up, roof and windows down, yes it was lovely, but not what i was expecting.