[Audi A3/S3] Help please!!

J1MBO

Some guy took a big gouge out of my alloy with his camper van steps(left them out whilst driving!!!)fortunately he is willing to pay for repair/replacement but bloody annoying.

So has anybody got an idea how much a new a3 competition alloy costs and its part no. or alternatively know of any good alloy refurb people, are wicked wheels any good?

Thanks

jimbo

I know that ABP in Crewe, Cheshire do alloy wheel repairs. They look as good as new when they are complete. Cheaper than buying a new wheel. The only downside is it takes a few days so you will have to drive around on your spare. ooo.gif

I think they charge between £50 and £75 depending on wheel size. My mate had all four wheels done and they looked great and it set him back about £170. (obvisously cheaper when doing all four)

I am sure there are many other places around that do the same thing, but I have seen the results from this place and they are good. I too have a 1 inch chunk missing from my front left wheel. I will have it repaired there when the tyres need replacing.

Well now I'm totally confused. confused.gif

Wicked Wheels man just left me...

Still got kerbed alloys frown.gifsmashfreakB.gif

Basically the guy said he doesn't think that it will be worthwhile doing my alloys as the finish will be nowhere near what I have. He went on to say that the RS4 alloys are finished in "Saturn Silver" which has a polished (shiney)effect. If he was to repair my wheels the colour would be a flatish grey. For between £50-£60, I would expect them to look as good as new. Evidently Audi will not release the colour code of the paint they use for the wheels.

So in conclusion, Wicked Wheels are no good for repairing RS wheels but are good for the standard Avus alloys. I say that because a guy at work had all 4 of his Avus alloys done from his S4 and they did look good. I also believe that Hopsta has used Wicked Wheels for his Avus alloys.

Ah well. Back to the drawing board. Found a company called Wheel Care that my local Audi dealer uses. He says that he can do the RS wheels but they will have a slight metallic look to them but will still have the poliched/shiney effect.