Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woppum

I may have found my car!!!!

28 posts in this topic

It is bieng built at present, is blue, black leather, cruise control, sunroof and sat nav. The date i could pick it up is the first week of June.

This is almost the perfect spec except it has cruise control, which i did not want and to be honest do not understand in a car like the R32. It is made to be driven, not driven for you.

On top of that they are offering it at a slight premium, which is at £28,000. Do you think that is worth it, i think list is just over 27. But then my currently ordered car is around 26

Considering i am planning to keep the car for a long time it is important that i buy it with the right spec and i do not wish in the future i bought a differant colour or option. My other order is constantly bieng delayed (first build date was week 14, now 23 and still provisional. On top of that my hunch is it may be delayed further)

I really want the car but for that price it sounds alot of money, do you think it is worth it...

beerchug.gif

Woppum

I would agree with Colin that it is not worth paying premiums for these cars. When you come to sell it you have just lost more money. I reckon in about 2 months there will be many dealers selling demo's and the natural sellers after 3 months use as it is not what they expected. Is the car your being offered an import ?

What about the car CHINS has up for sale ? I believe it is up for about £24k, Blue, Black leather & Delta upgrade, it is in the classifieds section.

I guess if you are desperate for you car then the premium is worth it tongue.gif

AZ

Yes but i would rather own the car from neww. Also They do not have the specifications that i want. The price over list is around £600 but the issue is that i was payin £2250 less via the imports. This is substanchal but i dont know when my delivery will come through. I have been continually put off and to have a confirmed date is like music in my ears..

Do not pay over list, especially for an import. You are going to get seriously caned when you come to sell it in 1,2 or 3 years time. I understand your excitement, but to pay through the nose? Have you actually looked at getting out of your existing contract too, I assume you will lose all of your deposit there too.

In regards to loosing my deposit, that is not an option becasue when it was first placed a deal was made where i could get the monbey back at any time. The price on the other hand i think you are right about. i am seriously excited about the car and these delays are killing me. But i do not think i am prepared to pay that price when my car could be so close. I would be seriously kicking myself if i later found out if i waited a further three weeks i could have got my import prices R32, considering each closer week would have cost me £750.

Recently as Colin know i have been contacting dealers and locators all round the country to see if i can get any improvement on the delivery of the car of my choice. Apart from the over priced there is nothing. They have all told me that there are delays for reasons which to me sound like rubbish. I have been told that on one ocasion they ran out of blue paint? and another they ran out of leather??

Has anyone elce heard about these rumors and do you think they are likly to be true becasue to me it just sounds like sh1t!

beerchug.gif

I would very carefully check your deposit situation. We would not refund a customers deposit after a build date had been confirmed (as we would be committed to the car) until we had placed it with another customer. Even then the cancellation would be at the customers risk and we are a reputable lot to do business with!

Check your small print or talk to the supplier before you dig yourself in a hole.

Thanks for tha advise Colin. But will it will make a differnace considering the date is not confiremed and on a provisonal. To be honest I do not inted to change anyway now and just to grit my teeth and get on with the wait. The bright side is in the long run it may build charicter??

smashfreakB.gif

Woppum

Dont forget the R32 video I sent you for light relief tongue.gif

AZ

Woppum I can see you are getting well excited.... but don't pay the premium. You'll lose out more money in the long run and as the other guys have said, they'll be a lot more around in a couple of months after various cancelled orders come through the system, more dealers sell their demo's and more owner's sell up.

Just my 2p worth. beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Apart from the over priced there is nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite true: LINK

Thanks for the offer colin, that is a far better offer than any other i have seen. The problem is that i dont think i have time to collect the car, and it has no sunroof. Thanks again Woppum

beerchug.gif

Shame, car delivered today! Just a shame it's too late for me to get it sent over for GTi International. Would sell off the TSN pitch I think!

Where exactly is the place where the car would et picked up from, and how long do you think it will take to get there and back? On top of that is travel paid for just for the owner or will it pay for a passenger also??

Just out of intrest

beerchug.gif

Email me for full answer. Not sure what your supplier is up to, we ordered another one last week and got the build week (24) today. That's about 6/7 week delivery all in at the moment!

Colin as that build date confirmed or provisonal. I am now starting to get confused what the differance is. Is a date only confirmed when the car is about to be build and is provisional untill then or can a car be confirmed weeks ahead?

In regards to the e-mail. I will try to reply to you tomorrow but i have a feeling that the e-mail is down at work. It hasn't been working since yesterday. If that is the case could i send you a PM?

beerchug.gif

The way we work is to give you a provisional build date when you order the car, based on information from the factory and on recent order experience. The factory data then shows for example 24* which means provisional week 24 (latest). Normally a week or two later we get, say, 23/5 which means week 23, day 5 (6th June 2003 in this case). This is a confirmed build date. VW can still delay it due to shortage of widgets or gearbox recall or something (unlikely shortage of blue paint!) but they are generally reliable.

Only when we get a firm build date do we take your deposit.

If you want to collect the car in stock, I buy you one ticket to Bremen. You will be met at the airport and taken to the dealer. You then can either drive yourself to Cuxhaven or go on the transporter with your car on the back. The ferry leaves every other day at 5pm for Harwich, Essex arrival next morning. My offer is for one passenger. An extra person would cost about £90 extra for the airticket and peanuts for the ferry.

You would arrive at Harwich with the new car on export plates. You will have the import documentation I send you. You drive through the green channel and straight home.

Later the same day (if time) or next day, take all the paperwork I send you together with papers that come with the car and your local DVLA will issue a UK registration number and a tax disc. Pop round to Halfords and buy the plates (£20) and stick them on. Buy a tax disc holder and put the disc in the window. Keep the metal German export plates as a souvenir.

3 weeks later you'll get the logbook back from the DVLA ("New at first registration") and soon after a VAT bill. Send the VAT bill to me for payment.

Total cost to you (excluding second passenger) is £26,750. You could realistically have the car on your drive next Wednesday.

I plan to go to GTI International this weekend with some leaflets to put on the Autometrix stand, so be quick!

Thanks for the info Colin. You seem to keep drawing in my attention at the moment. I will try to give a good reply later on tonight.

The main problem is timing. This whole procedure sems to me like it will take a few days. Really for this to work for me i would need to leave either on a friday or saterday and get back the next day. Apart form that the whole procedure seems like a laugh and a good break from work.

Thanks again and i will post a message back after 8.

Cheers Woppum

beerchug.gif

Colin,

I have double checked the order and I think i will stick with it. Hopefully, if all goes to plan i shall recieve my car somewhere between week 23 and week 25, which is not perfect but OK.

Thanks for the offers and keeping me informed. I now have a good idea about what is out on the market and what is starting to come through.

I am now hoping that my first write up on the car will be some where around week 26. So untill then i will just keep assuming and talking crap about it..

On another note, out of intrest what are the most popular colours and specs which are opted with the ca?.

It just seems like most people want either sliver, or black. When the car first came out i though the popular colour would be blue, becasue it is the trade amrk colour, like the subaru.

[ QUOTE ]

Colin,On another note, out of intrest what are the most popular colours and specs which are opted with the ca?.

It just seems like most people want either sliver, or black. When the car first came out i though the popular colour would be blue, becasue it is the trade amrk colour, like the subaru.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this earlier today, and my conclusion was that you can see it two ways............

1) Any other colour than blue will make the car more individual and more scarce purely because of the colour (silver/ black)

2) The blue really opitomises the "R32" in an almost ikonic way, there should have been no option, like ford did with Focus RS, I saw my first one on the road yesterday, and the first thing that bought my attention to it was the colour, and the stance of the car followed by confirming what it was by the shark gills etc.

IMO if you drove a line of R32's in line in all available colours down my city high streets, the Blue one would be the one that would be the most noticable from an aesthetic point of view.

beerchug.gif

Personally I think it looks the best aswell! laugh.gif

The reason there a lot more silver and black cars out there is due not to people choosing those colours, but being told they couldnt order blue.

Anyone that was allowed to order blue was advised it might delay delivery. Very few blue cars could be built at one time. The dealer network advised most customers that they couldnt guarantee a build date for blue cars.

I dont think this is the case any longer. Being biased but Blue does look the best. Almost missed a silver one the other day. Ive had so many comments about the colour its untrue - and Ive owned lots of cars. If they hadnt had production problems with the Blue, maybe they would all be that colour.

If you intend to keep the car for a number of years, wait. You'll only be pissed when you see a blue one.

Jonathan

Woppum,

Looking at the support you have had from Colin i think i would be putting my money his way, as it looks like your supplier is... lets say slack.... frown.gif

Colin if i return to the AUdi/VW marque the you'll have my custom! beerchug.gif

Do you actually think that my supplier is slack becasue the impression i am getting from his is that there is a big waiting list and the car will come through. They say thatey can not confirm the delivery date untiln they have had the call from the factory, and when they do, the car will be in my hand with in a couple of weeks at the most. It seems hard for me to belive that they are bieng slack becasue they will want my money and the sooner the car comes the sooner they can become richer!!

It is not that i dont want to do business with colin by the way, it is just that i cant be bothered to keep changing delers, i hvae been with this one for a number of months and the car is bound to come through and hopefully soon. I am fed up with bieng negative so hopefully the build date will stay on week23 so i will get it within a month or so. Then i will get my brand new car with the perfect options, and then i will be happy grin.gif

beerchug.gif

It is the perfect colour, but it does not have the right options.. If i am to keep the car for a few years i want it to be perfect. It is worht the wait if i get it all factory. On top of that the company would be happier if it was a new car rather than a second hand one...