Vectra VXR - Official Press Release

simonb

[ QUOTE ]

devaluing the badge like rover did with MG. just makes ppl less likely to buy the good VXR models.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except of course that in MG's case the badge had some heritage in the first place...

As for Vauxhalls having their merits... I believe the base spec model is indeed a 'Merit'. (sorry)

Have to admit the only VXR that interests me is the Monaro. Shame GM have canned it, but I believe there are enough to meet supply until late next year sometime. They'll be an interesting used proposition in a few years.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I don't hate Vauxhall. I don't particularly like them, but they have their merits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they are perfect rental cars... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth... it's quite a hassle to avoid them when you need an airport rental. smirk.gif

On their websites they lure you with A VAG car, BMW "or similar", but when you arrive it somehow always the "similar" i.e. some bloody Opel/Vauxhall waiting there for you. "Similar" my foot... slap.gif

[ QUOTE ]

As for Vauxhalls having their merits... I believe the base spec model is indeed a 'Merit'. (sorry)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thankyou! ices_blah.gif

The Astra does look good if you like that kind of thing. (But then I am over twice as old as Malagus... tongue.gif ). Personally I think it appeals to Nova/Corsa chavs who want to trade up one day. If you want a hot hatch that actually handles properly, you're better off with almost anything else (according to the mags that have tested it, not me).

Most powerful car in its class?????

These marketing men must almost have one class for every car out there. It's a family size saloon/hatch - so is an S4, verious Beemers and the Holden whatsitsname from Vauxhall. What are these people on?

Why don't they just say the most powerful Vectra?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why don't they just say the most powerful Vectra?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they are trying to angle it as a hatchback, e.g. competing with everything from the Fiesta ST to the Leon Cupra R.

It'll be torque steering rubbish, kerb ahoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, had a 3.2 as a hire car a little while ago. Traction light came on twice in the first half mile. That only had around 200 as well!