Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stewarta13wsb

Ultimate Diesel

5 posts in this topic

Had my 2.0TDi A3 for about a month now and the first full tank got me 39.8MPG (I had hoped for more but there were so many short journeys in there (and better then the Rav4's 28!) that I wasn't too disappointed)

BUT... I filled up with Ultimate Diesel by mistake (it's 99.9 pence per litre up here!! crazy.gifcrazy.gif so my question is... will it be worth it, will I notice any difference (other than in my wallet confused.gif) and if so what??

They say it takes 3-4 tankfulls to notice any difference, which is correct in some respects. But I've been using Ultimate Derv for about 4 months now (about 6 tankfulls) and I can't see a reason for paying the extra £5 per fillup apart from a slight increase in MPG and less Diesel noise.

I'm now going to go back to Shell Extra, performance diesel for normal diesel prices.

Agree with Neil, my car preferred Ultimate diesel, but i cant justify spending 5p extra a litre, when fuel prices are already stupid. My car is happy on shell extra, so i'll use that!

Forgot to post back - 38.8mpg from the 'Ultimate' tankfull.

Although I take on board what you said about needing a few to notice, normal diesel is now £1.02 per litre here - think I'll stick with that frown.gif

If your going to goto normal derv, invest in some Millers Diesel Power Plus to stick in the tank.