TomTom Go

SamD

What is the difference between the 300 and 500. I can't decide. All I want is the uk map with poi and speed camera detection. Do I need the 300 or 500? I believe the 300 doesn't have an ac adapter to charge outside the car - is it possible to purchase one? Does the 500 have more necessary gizmo's than the 300? advise welcomed...

Hi Sam,

I looked at both the 300 & 500 indepth before purchasing, on both models you can get bluetooth traffic updates, speed camera & poi.

I have the 300 and you don't need the AC adaptor, just charge it in the car, thats what I have always done. The only may thing the 500 gives you is a slightly faster processor and bluetooth hands free.

Unless you want that go for the 300, it's superb , I use it all the time

HI Andy,

Yep it certainly does show up as it's keep trac of your position,you can also tune the poi's to the dsitance you want to be alerted at, you can also signal a first and second warning. Sounds can also be changed.

For info on how to do this and to find tons of other poi's such as services, vw dealers etc, go to www.pocketgps.co.uk, thats the site the maintains the free speed camera database

Hi There

The street pilot is awesome. It has pretty much the same features as a Tom Tom and is £100 cheaper. I was looking for one myself and found someone who is getting them in on the 21st August. For some reason they have had problems getting stcok over from the US so I would order while you can.

I bought mine from http://www.electronicelf.co.uk you can buy one from £229.99 including delivery. Have a read and see what you think.

http://www.electronicelf.co.uk/products/...&sscid=4192

I rate it highly. cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...

It's fairly straight forward, you vcan get the instructions on the pocketgps website.

If not make sure your Tomtom is connected via USB, it should show up as a drive in windows explorer.

Unzip the files, copy them into the tomtom under the maps directory, it should be Great Britain.

Once you have done this unplug your tomtom, power it up, edit the poi options to include your new speed cameras.

You can set distance and sond warnings.

Hope this help

thanks chaps, just done it. yeee haaa !!

another problem now !!! grrrrrrr

went on a tryout journey in my car and it worked fine middle of the day no probs. last night did the same journey in my g-friends car and it couldnt get gps signal. it only locked in the signal a couple of times for 30 sec each time and then i was left with no navigation.

have any of you found this happens regularly? if so im going to send it back now !!!