Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skifly

confused (as usual) by the stealer

54 posts in this topic

I just hate all of this waiting and uncertainty. I will be happy when I get a call to be told it is in production...

Sam. My dealer (lindvale chelmsford) never informed me of a shutdown. Its only when I asked why has my build week slipped from week 33 to 37 that i got the response that the factory has a summer shutdown. I assume (guessing) that effects week 33,34,35.

Si

I specifically asked whether my build date had slipped. I was told "No it is still showing as week 34".....

Sam. This is hypothetical but what if the system says that BUT the workers will actually come back after the shutdown and continue as if it was week 34 to them!?

Reference numbers for programming by weeks are invariably week 1 to week 52. This is universal as far as I know, otherwise one person's week 32 is not the same as another person's week 32 etc and the whole system becomes meaningless and pointless.

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. What I was trying to convey was that they could catch up on the weeks that they have had the shutdown in and still say it was built in week 33,34, 35 etc.. and blame the delays on shipping or something which is hard to check on. Just a thought.

Hmm, we shall see. I will call next week and find out if my car is in production.

I also asked whether my car would be produced next week rather than in week 34.....

i'm having terrible trouble with my dealer in cork at the moment. Paid my depo(€1k) and gave my spec and the minute i did so the sales rep lost all interest in me. It has come to the point where he is not even returning my calls at the moment and puts me straight through to his answer machine. I wouldn't mind but i want to alter my options a bit and his customer service stinks. Pisses me right off. I mean i'm giving them €39k worth of business...oh well if an R36 comes out in two or three years time they have already lost out..shame really fekr.gif

Just to confuse things further, my stealer told me that the factory shut down for only the first week in August!

Oh well, at least one of them has got to be telling the truth...

Seamus, go round and get your deposit back and go somewhere else !

this is all a bit random... I was told its this week and next that the factory is closed.

Didnt manage to call the stealer today either. Will see if i get time tomorrow.

We'll we shall see, one of the stealer dealers will be correct, just remains to be seen which one....

Still to get my car fix today I got to drive my friends M3 CSL..... now that was an experience.....

righy... well i finally got an answer from my stealer that my be of use to some of you guys.

My car was (and still is) scheduled for a week 33 build date which meant it was supposed to be built during this week if i am correct.

My stealer confirmed to me that contrary to his previous comments about it waiting in the body shop for 2 weeks as the factory is closed - the car is actually awaiting shipment / delivery to the uk. Which means that the factory is still running for cars in production - but he did also check about the romour of late delivery due to factory holiday and he did say that cars will be scheduled around the holiday period so end customers will not notice any delivery problems - hence my car starting build early.

So hopefully for all you guys the cars should hopefully come through as planned!

Just hope mine gets its arse over here as fast as poss!

Now i just need to choose a GPS speed cam detector - choice between micro road pilot and a snooper me thinks - anyone used both and can give me a comparison?

Fan-bloody-tastic. laugh.gif

I have the New RoadAngel, very pleased with it so far...

I have a Road Angel, but if I were doing it again I'd buy a TomTom Go for only a few quid more & download the speed camera POI database.

I have both smile.gif The TomTom can't do radar detection, hence the need for the RoadAngel too..

not so worried about the lasers as they are usually in blackspots - hence will keep those alerts on.

Dont like the size of the RA though (and the TT). Thats what keeps bringing me back to the micro road pilot / snoopers...

Sam - hope the stealer was right as you could have your car early sept! (didnt you say it might be oct earlier!)

But aren't the fuzz using laser for the most part these days rather than radar? Even so, my Road Angel hasn't picked up a laser in the past 3 years. I reckon the best solution is simply a database of locations where the "safety" vans tend to sit, though I don't know if TomTom has this in addition to the fixed cameras. It's a topic that's close to home for me right now...another 3 points just plopped through my letterbox this week :-(.

if you have TomTom on a PDA (not GO) you can sync with the pocket gps uk camera database (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php&ei=drYFQ7eiHabgRJDQ3OEO) which has 'temporary' speed camera locations - they are basically those verges on the sides of roads where police tend to sit. Obviously gives you a lot of false warnings, but I find them useful anyway.

You can also use CheckPOInt which downloads it all for you automatically from the PDA.

in fact as GO uses SD cards - you can probably copy the file onto the SD in the same directory as the TOMTOM database, and it will work.

plus it's free!

there's plenty of tomtom forums which discuss this stuff...

I think I am looking at late september if it is indeed built next week, earlier would be a bonus!

[ QUOTE ]

if you have TomTom on a PDA (not GO) you can sync with the pocket gps uk camera database (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php&ei=drYFQ7eiHabgRJDQ3OEO) which has 'temporary' speed camera locations - they are basically those verges on the sides of roads where police tend to sit. Obviously gives you a lot of false warnings, but I find them useful anyway.

You can also use CheckPOInt which downloads it all for you automatically from the PDA.

in fact as GO uses SD cards - you can probably copy the file onto the SD in the same directory as the TOMTOM database, and it will work.

plus it's free!

there's plenty of tomtom forums which discuss this stuff...

[/ QUOTE ]

the go has the same database including temp locations, u just copy the latest file over.

was told that they only normally sit in blackspots - so pick up the db for those and you might have a slightly better than average chance...

there was a report a while ago about the laser pickup on some of these systems as the cone of light is so small - hence they can gun your plate and miss the RA etc...

Another reason to get the free laser pilot thingy attached just above plate.