do I really want to be the best man?

ian_m

ok, a bit of an update!!

It seems that I am not the only one to have a bit of a gripe with this!! Others have voiced their concerns too and the trip has now been reduced to one week, the cost of the "holiday" is now 1k which is a lot more acceptable IMO, nothing has been booked yet but I would be a lot happier to go now as it is considerably cheaper and the venue has never be an issue!

Progress has been made 169144-ok.gif

That's progress, I suppose - add spending money (drinks, food, gambling, eating, hookers, clothes, bail etc etc) that's still one hell of a stag do. If one of the three I'm going on next year was like that I would have serious doubts about going.

But then I suppose they don't call you the 6 Million Dollar Man for nothing, so it probably won't bother you too much!

[ QUOTE ]

It seems that I am not the only one to have a bit of a gripe with this!! Others have voiced their concerns too and the trip has now been reduced to one week, the cost of the "holiday" is now 1k which is a lot more acceptable IMO, nothing has been booked yet but I would be a lot happier to go now as it is considerably cheaper and the venue has never be an issue!

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, thought there might be a few others with 'concerns' about the trip. Good work A_S! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

hmmm I know that wont happen with this one blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

tell him it is expected of him, is he paying for the wedding breakfast?, I did with lots of Champers and i also had everyone back to our hotel in the evening for a meal.

Mind you it was surreal to be sitting by the pool in our wedding gear whilst all our guests were in the pool 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So you're doing it then Ian?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks that way, the cost and timescale has been addressed grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif the speech is going to be the tough one, never done that before blush.gif although the speech on the day will only be infront of a small group, the week after I am expected to give a speech and thats infront of 200+ EEK2.GIFUHOH7.GIF