• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Soundwave

Soundwave

Vauxhall Corsa VXR

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:50 PM

I am currently looking at buying an Audi A6 2.7 bi-turbo quattro (to replace my Rover coupe turbo) in the hope of tuning it up to a bit more power without spending too much cash.

But after looking around, there doesn't seem to be a REVO map available for this engine. There is only a map for the S6 (265bhp) engine.

Just wondered why this is??

How else could this engine be tuned?

Cheers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sekret.gif

#2 Cupramax

Cupramax

BMW M5

• Members
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:26 AM

AmD do a remap for the A6...

http://www.amdtechni...fm?variantid=23
A5 3.2 Quattro

#3 Soundwave

Soundwave

Vauxhall Corsa VXR

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AmD do a remap for the A6...

http://www.amdtechni...fm?variantid=23

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Worked out 750+vat is £881.25 which is not too bad considering it's a custom remap and fully fitted. 280hp is a bit more like it for a heavy car.

Now, to haggle some money off at the dealership...

Cheers Cupramax.

One last thing, this would be the first time i've owned a V6 motor and over the years have heard some real sweet sounding motors go past that sounded like a nice V6 induction roar. Again, would this be possible on the 2.7 bi-turbo engine or would the turbo's mute the whole affair? I'd love to have a gorgeous sounding V6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#4 Tobes49

Tobes49

BMW 330d

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:46 PM

The engine in the A6 is the same engine as the S4 which has 275HP. The A6 is lower power to stop damaged being caused to the autobox.
So AMD are uploading a S4 map and charging you £800 for the pleasure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/EEK2.GIF

Look in the audi tech section at one of the sticky posts there a 2.7Bi-turbo engine guide which tells you all the info you need to know about the engine!

Is yours a auto or manual?

As for the induction the turbo will mute it down and you dont want to go putting a open airfilter in that hot engine bay! Go for a exhaust system instead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

#5 Soundwave

Soundwave

Vauxhall Corsa VXR

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:39 PM

Soz i took ages to come back, was on hols!

Many thanks for that reply, it was really informative.

As far as the 'box is concerned, i would really like to buy one with a manual box so it can handle the power hike, but all the nice ones ive seen for sale are with the autobox.

Will keep looking though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/coffee.gif

#6 neo283

neo283

Vauxhall Corsa VXR

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:01 PM

I thought they would be able to squeeze more juice out of a bi-turbo than the man from Del monte! Supprised that REVO & AMD aren't too keen on playing with them.
Regardless, you're in for a sweet motor there, try to hold out for a manual...

#7 celsisone

celsisone

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:43 AM

You should speak to MRC tuning, they will be able to CUSTOM REMAP your car. not just plug in a chip.

www.mrctuning.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users