PakShak Micro-fibers in the UK

apreading

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Andy_PC posted on Autopia that John is now authorised to sell PakShak cloths in the UK: http://www.pakshak.com/micropak-united-kingdom-distributor.html

Will have to wait on prices to see if it now works out cheaper to buy from here rather than pay the shipping costs from the US but avoid the VAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we will do our best, we are awaiting a consignment to come in, once it does we will know what customs will sting us for!

But, hopefully we will be able to offer a small saving and speedy delivery!

• 2 weeks later...

yes yes yes ok.... (thats obviously meant at Andy_C and not any of you other lovely people) jump.gif

Not on the site yet, however were looking at:

16"x16" Ultra being about £2.50 each

24"x24" Ultra being about £4.50 each

16"x16" Ultra Plush being about £3.25

16"x16" Ultra Fine being about £3.75

16"x24" Ultra Fine being about £4.75

16"x24" Waffle Weave Drying Towel being about £6.25

25"x26" (I can almost wear this its so damn big) Waffle Weave Drying Towel being about £10.00

16Oz Microfiber Cleaner and Revitalizer about £3.50

So..... Hows that grab youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... beerchug.gif

You getting different colours? I want to be able to know which cloth was used for which product by colour coding.

I see Ranney does 4 colours for the 16x16 ultra plush, I would be keen to get 1 of each and some cleaner.

Are these prices inclusive of the TS discount, or are they the normal website prices?

Should we wait for them to go on the website or is there some other way to purchase them?

cheers!

[ QUOTE ]

Actually thinking about it would be interesting to hear a comparison of the normal ultra versus the ultra plush and ultra fine - are some better for different purposes or is it a just case of the more expensive the better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's some close up pics so you can all SEE the actual differences in pile/nap. What you choose to use each type for is ultimately up to you... there's no real right and wrong - although plusher towels usually get used for quick detailing and the shorter nap towels tend to be better for removal of polishes.

1. Ultra Plush - note, very thick and fluffy, ideal for quick detailing. I sometimes even use them for washing with QEW.

ultrap.jpg

2. Ultra Fine - Very, very soft towel. Note the side that's folded up is very smooth and fluffy, ideal for final buffing of waxes or sealants.

ultraf.jpg

3. Ultra - my most used towel and TBH you can get away with using these and nothing else, they're that good! A very versatile towel with one side slightly plusher than the other. I've tried all colours in this towel and for some reason I find the light blue is best, don't know why that should be.

ultra.jpg

Hope this helps.

Think I am gonna get one of each to see. Dont tend to do so much quick detailing (although that may change as the obsession gradually continues to take over!), so maybe the ulta will do the job in the end.

Mr O - as soon as they are ready to buy please, along with some of the cleaner.

Oh and I was thinking about the #38 trim cleaner just today but noticed it wasnt on your site - maybe get some of that too if it is any good? using AG glass polish again last weekend seems to have left alot of marks on my window trim, and EX-P seems to do this too. Or are there better products for dealing with this?

Oh, and may feel the urge to polish my exhaust tips too!

Damn this habit, wants our precious we does... Detailing seems to posses you and draw you in, just like Tolkiens ring!

[ QUOTE ]

Damn the 16Oz Microfiber Cleaner and Revitalizer about £3.50 is at a good price.cracking post 5 star good pics

Oh and Andy PC.....PM me for a sample of megs #38 it really is the bollacks

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you spotted the one mistake with my post!

Its gonna be £7.85 frown.gif

Sorry! (gone to stand in the corner for 10 minutes)