Lights on buzzer

CRJ_1

Hi guys, can anyone confirm if the lights on buzzer sounds when the drivers door is open when switched to side lights & Main beam? I've been driving on auto mostly and I used lights on main beam today (old habits & all that) and as I opened the door no buzzer........turned it to side lights as turning the lights off with the door open and the buzzer sounded!?!

So only getting buzzer sounding on side lights.

Cheers

Isn't it that the dipped headlights work the same as the autolights in many ways i.e like when you lock up it does the leaving lights but only if its set to Auto or dipped headlights.

When reading the manual thats what it seems to indicate but I do not have it near me to check

Tested at last! (though only briefly)....Like mikemod and scofier, mine only bleeps on side lights being left on. I also haven't tested it in the most unlikely scenario of leaving the car with main beam selected - Especially on Xenons!! Burn! Baby, Burn!!

I think VW's logic is that you can see for yourself if you've left the mains on but not the sides and hence would need reminding. Good thinking imo.