[Audi A2] A2 1.4TDi

Snail

I had a 1.6 FSI while my Cab was in for some warranty work and I loved it - once I got used to the ride.

It went like s**it of a shovel, but god did it drink the petrol. I was driving pretty steady most of the time, but I only got about 32 MPG which is crap. I get ave 27 MPG out of my 2.4 V6 blush.gif

Anyone else driven a FSI ?? It had a really odd engine note to it and when I was stopped in traffic it sounded like a 3 cylinder crazy.gif and when it is first started it sounded liek a diesel for about 5 seconds smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else driven a FSI ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought one for the wife but I've only recently been put on the insurance, so I've not had much chance to drive it out of town yet.

It's a pretty nippy car, given that it 'only' has a 1.6 engine - remember when a 1.6 16v engine was a performance car? smile.gif

Of course, compared to my motor it's a bit tardy and rolls round corners, but I'll just have to have a bit more practice in it! Hang on, that might mean the missus wants a go in the RS.... shocked.gifsuicide.gif

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

Got my arse whooped by an A2 1.4TDi this morning (got the fecker on the twistys though).......the things are sh## quick!!! very impressed!

[/ QUOTE ]If you lived near me I would take you out for a spin in my A2 TDi Sport which has been tweaked a bit,, BHP up from 75 to 115 and torque is now 258Nm.. despite having an extra 110kg of audio equipment to haul around it still does 0-60 in 8 and hits 100 mighty fast indeed.. plus at 70mph I get 61mpg.. Slowing down is not an issue with this amount of torque as it pulls form 1100rpm in 4th and by time it's got to 2000rpm it is moving with an attitude.. And the suspension is sorted,, it's a bit lower than the norm and a bit firmer but it goes where you point it.

My days of boy racing are long gone,, when I first had it and before the audio stuff went in you could set the traction control off in 1st and 2nd and it was a little scary as it was a real fight to hold on to the steering wheel.

1st/2nd gear drag starts is a bit boring for me, but mid range grunt and acceleration in the gears is fun.

On the motorway its' pulling power is amusing.. had a guy last week on the M4 in a LHD 330D BMW pulled over with me at one of the service stations and ask me what was under the bonnet,, I said 1900cc and 3 cyclinders less than yours mate.. we both had a laugh but he said on a more serious note that he was impressed.