APR VS REVO

Johnny_TSport

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on the situation as someone who does not have a chipped car and who has been anyway for a little while so doesn't know the personalties involved -

This looks from the APR documents like some employees broke there agreements with APR and may have copied some technology.

Apparently (posted on Golf forum) a certain tuners name is deleted for legal reasons and so maybe I don't want to comment on that in case nameing him is contempt of court?

APR seem to have a strong case.....do Revo have a similar site would like to see their defence/side of the story so I can decide

I don't really care at the moment as not looking for a chip but I wouldn't go with a company that may be about to close down or be taken to court.....this is an american action so what happens here? Ae Revo uk being sued aswell?

sorry if I'm behind the curve on this but have not be on the forum for ages!

alex not meaning to sound rude but how can you say someone seems to have a strong case when you don't work in IPR law? or do you.. if you do tell me to feck the shut up! i know IPR law is a minefield though and to presume anything when notin the business is pretty brave! i haven't heard if revo have the same thing... but to be honest not many companies air legal proceedings in public as *usually* within public compaines any kind of sueing (which leads to counter sueing) is always bad publicity... for EVERYONE involved...

@johnny... sorry mate wasn't giving you agro i just couldn't remember if you told me that or not! smile.gif so with that in mind it seems it was nothing to do with the link you put up? unless revo told you otherwise that is? not to say its right though... if any company promices something within 2 weeks and don't deliver its just damn annoying! i know... been there! thats all i was getting at mate... not having a pop!

iamwithstupid.gifjump.gifjump.gifbeerchug.gif Gaunty is so going to kick your ass for that... your in the dung.gif now!!!

Johnny&Chris, you boys dont like each other which is all good/bad but hey its only a forum! Lets not take things tooo personally! Chris enjoy your M3 and Johnny continue your for software for the 1.8t.... enjoy! beerchug.gif

Ooo. Nice...

Somehow, I suspect APR have made these papers available as a publicity coup, and in an attempt to snaffle the moral high ground. TBH I find the very public, "Look at this juicy stuff" link to the papers on their front page a bit shabby, but that may just be me being non-litigious and British.

It also strikes me that Revo have yet to respond to these allegations in public, so who knows what the future holds. I must confess, I'm a bit worried about the future now, since if Revo are found against, they'll be hit with a lot of cash to pay APR, plus costs, plus (probably) an undertaking to stop using any of APR's IP that the court finds they've misappropriated. All of which points to the question: if Revo get found against, and go to the wall, that'd leave a bunch of customers with unsupported software. Not good.

I guess all we can do is hope this gets resolved, one way or another, reasonably fast. Given the involvement of 3 jurisdictions, I wouldn't hold your breath. In fact, I'd go so far as to expect a counter-suit from Revo accusing APR of trying to distort the UK market, or something. Ho-hum.

On a personal note, Mitchell came over to me as a pretty nice, very knowledgeable guy, and has always been most helpful. Makes some of the stuff in these papers pretty tawdry reading...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So is my car now illegal? wink.gif I'd best be putting it back to standard before I get a 200 page pdf document tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben... like it!!! Lets set up pirate tecknik.... smashfreakB.gif and sue everyone!!! ices_blah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

at least with "pirate technik" there would be more fireworks...

I'll get my coat sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Been there, done that, just ask Lagoo smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just read this and I gotta say that lagoo bloke is a mean and harsh banning person who deals out unfair and unjust punishment - sorry if this is off topic, but I hadnt noticed it till now - as for the rest of it spose I'd better read it now....

Picher said:

[ QUOTE ]

and Gaunty's video all instigating un-necessary personal slanging matches.

[/ QUOTE ]

That post was a bit of fun, everyone who was "slagging me off" was doing it as a joke, we were all having a good laugh about it. I went to the pub with S4Dreamer last night, FatCat told me what he was doing before he posted. There was onlt PeterB that got upset and that was due to an unfortunate event that he witnessed recently that something I carelessly said reminded him. Were all mates on this board, it's only outsiders that come in and trigger the real problems, Jim are you listening?

Dave, I am gonna kick your ass for this!

[ QUOTE ]

YEA.. but I wouldn't say no to shagging his daughter

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still calm guys, been calm all day too! SMOKE6.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

There was onlt PeterB that got upset and that was due to an unfortunate event that he witnessed recently that something I carelessly said reminded him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's okay, Gaunty - I don't hold it against you (especially if GauntyLass continues to chat on MSN!)

Just found this thread. LOL

The 'Tyresmoke Thread Hijack Group' moves in.

Well done guys. yelrotflmao.gif

[serious]It will be interesting to see the outcome of this. It can sometimes be the tactic of the weaker side to try to create a mindset that their opponents are in the wrong - Here we have Chinese whispers in public announcements. People will be forced to present substantiated facts and I suppose it'll all come out in the wash.[/serious]