convertible ?

steef

HELLO...

I Heard about a mini cabriolet

(I'm french so please be indulgent with my english...)

I come here to have some information about it and like very much to start a discussion between us on this topic.

So and for instance

what do you think of it ?

Won't it be a problem in terms of security?

Hard roof or soft roof ( I don't know the exact word) ?

Isn't it a problem in terms of image ? Doesn't it change to much the image of the MINI ?

an so on ...

THANK YOU very much i'm really interested on your opinion and perception of this car .

alright steef,

To answer your questions-

what do you think of it ?

Im the PROUD owner of a cooper and I`m reasonably pleased with it`s image, However some torque junkys on this site think it`s a fag mobile!!!! A convertible would be fun but it`s a bit of a haidressers car.

If you live in a good climate and not this sh#te hole it would be great.

I`m not sure if its electric or not but it should be we are in the 21st century after all.

Won't it be a problem in terms of security?

This problem applies to all soft tops and it`s something you`ll have to live with. Insurance will be higher.

jump.gif

"However some torque junkys on this site think it`s a fag mobile!!!! A convertible would be fun but it`s a bit of a haidressers car."

Welcome to the site mate. Well nice point but i have to agree with you about the fact that it is a hairdressers car (even though i can not really talk becasue i have a slight passion for the SL55 which is described as both a hairdresses car and a fag mobile, shut up Blue!!).

I dont know wha the insurance will be like for this sort of car in France, but i would assume the cnvertable will be higher. There may be a clause that will state that if any items were in sight (like left of the seat) then they may not be covered (but then these sort of instances can usually be blagged).

I have seen adverts for bespoke mini convertable, so i dont know how similar they will be but, for what they are they do look good. I think there is a fashion at the moment for small sporty convertables and they are considered the things to have at the moment. Another example of the Ford Ka convertable, which would be more feminine.

I have now probaly gone totally off the point, it has been a long day, but i hope there may have been some help in there somewhere. And welcome newbies.

I remeber when i was a newbie, those were the days... Very recently i have become and addict and i feel like celebrating so if you dont mind....

jump.gifjump.gifjump.gifjump.gifjump.gifjump.gif