The time has come...for Audi ownership!!!!!

NewNiceMrMe

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chav, you're not gonna let me forget that are ya! smirk.gif

I do recall it was in response to the usual baiting with a cattle prod from yourself ( grin.gif) at a time when M3Me was new to the forums and somewhat, how shall I say, less subtle in his comments at times.( tongue.gif).

Anyway, things have moved on since then. Needs change, etc.

As for the Audi Avant's and old men....well as you all keep reminding me I'm no young un' so maybe that comment was quite apt.... wink.gif

You know what? I've just been browsing on Auto Trader and there are seemingly bucket loads of these around.

However, when I try using the Audi site to search it's utter garbage. It may be because I'm on this hotel 56k connection, but it never delivers a single car!!!!

Another question anyway...what is the auto box like in the A4 Avant 1.9TDi - does it make the engine worthless? Remember performance isn't really a factor in this but it'd be nice if it didn't get blown away by chavs in their Corsa's all the same! It'll be doing lots of miles so the Auto might be worth a go if it's a decent box.

I love the multitronic and really missed it when I went back to manual, I have just bought a 1.9tdi A6 avant with it again, not as good as the DSG but very good and more economical than the manual.

Have you considered an A6?

Some stonking deals about on them.....

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CAR...200533204408920

media?id=211372964

2005AUDI A6 AVANT SE FINAL

EDITION, 20500 miles, 05 Reg Audi A6 Avant 1900cc TDI 130BHP Multitronic Estate,Diesel.18500 Miles, Silver,Black Leather,DVD Sat Nav,MP3,6CD,16 Competition Alloys,Rear Parking Sensor,Centre Armrest. £19,995.

Tel: 07834 541057

Distance: 107 miles

Price: £19,995

Probably get it for £19k or less.

Tax....the tax is higher on the A6.

I want this to be as tax efficient as it can be, so the A4 Avant offers a blend of practicality and low tax that few others do (other than the 320d which is actually is a lower tax band with better peformance - but I don't want a 3rd BMW on the drive and I actually think the Avant looks nicer).

[ QUOTE ]

Tax....the tax is higher on the A6.

I want this to be as tax efficient as it can be, so the A4 Avant offers a blend of practicality and low tax that few others do (other than the 320d which is actually is a lower tax band with better peformance - but I don't want a 3rd BMW on the drive and I actually think the Avant looks nicer).

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine not wanting a 3rd beemer on the drive? ROLLEY~14.GIF........ notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The A6 final edition avant is only £150 a year more in tax as all the options were free.

If you were getting a fun car I would go with the A4 everytime, but as a mile mucher, the A6 with auto, leather, dvd nav etc. is a great option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get that. I've looked at this and the tax is a great deal more than £150 a year.

The list price is higher and the CO2 emissions are higher - and it comes to much more than £150 pa! More like £1,000 without some of the items you list.

DVD etc doesn't interest me. It's just a daily runner. I have the 6 for being the luxury car/weekend car etc so it'd be pointless getting a high specced one. SatNav is largely irrelevant on this one too because I'll only ever be driving to place that I know already - various offices around the country.

You sure about the tax difference?

The new car with all that spec was only £23,590, they can't tax you on the DVD Nav+, leather, CD changer, upgraded alloys and colour coded bumpers and sills when it is free, and the co2 emissions are 162g/km.

In fact the tax on that car is £1507 a year at 40%!

I do personally prefer the A4's though, but an 05 A6 diesel avant with all that spec would be worth alot more money in 2 or 3 years time I bet.

Edit:Sorry that is the price for the A4 avant, the A6 special edition is £1793 per year