Mk V GT TDi 4 Motion

Sparticus

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

If I was you, I'd get that Karcher out and do the block paving! grin.gif It's mucky as hell.

Rusty's usefull tip: - Move the car well away, then you don't splat muck all over it when you do the block.

Ooh! If they put the new 170 bhp engine in one of those I'd probably have to get one. Looks very nice. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not wrong there. 170ps, Tdi and 4mo, that would shift when you get the speed up, easy over taking and tons of grunt!

smile.gif

Looks a great car 169144-ok.gif, any other options apart from going for the 4wd?

[ QUOTE ]

Ooh! If they put the new 170 bhp engine in one of those I'd probably have to get one. Looks very nice. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's on my list for my next car when the Z4 goes back in 6 months. I'm currently thinking about one of the new Golf GTs (with DSG) that are being launched in a few months. Either the 170bhp diesel or the new 170bhp petrol with supercharger and turbo. Just waiting to see which has the better contract hire rates. Other choices are possibly the new passat, 1 series or 3series.

Any pics of the interior Spartacus?

I might be getting a GT TDi 4 Motion to drive to a training course in Milton Keynes aqs we have to has service cars smirk.gif. 600 mile round trip just hope i don't get a polo or lupo as we have them has service cars aswell

I do like the GT TDi 4 Motion, it is powerful but without the in you face looks of the GTI, the MPG of the TDI, and the 4 Motion systems IMO is one of the best around.

Very under stated car IMO ices_blah.gif

Very understated and very under-rated as well. IIRC, VW are so far off their sales targets of this model that they are offering major discounts on them - £2-3K apparently.

If I had to chop in the R32 for a more economical car, then this is what I'd go for - and get it straight up to AmD for a tweak to 170 or even 190 bhp and shed loads of torque...

I did get a very good deal, something like a £3k discount. Those wheels are 17 inch Indianapolis a £445 option with 225 section tyres. Added Sunroof, cruise, winter pack, storage pack and metallic. Had a Tracker fitted as well.

Grip is limpet like and so much fun around corners.

Getting around 40 mpg as well.

I like the understated looks and the fact that it is a rare car.

Just bought a Gt Tdi 4motion 5 door today with £3940 (18%) off list price and good price for my part ex. Mainly petrol 4motions available but still a few diesels but now most are highly specked with RRP of over £23k before discount. All are 2005 model year which mean they have the 2zone climate control on the car.

VW UK must have been well overstocked as they have released Sharons, Tourans, Beetles and old Passats into the network with major savings as well. They are in the main 2005 model year and the dealer network are not allowed to put them on as demonstrators but sell them on at substantial discounts.

Dear all,

I am looking to trade in my old a3 for a 140 tdi 3 door 4motion. Redaing through the thread I presume it is a great time to buy. Where are people getting these £3000+ discounts from?

Does anyone know if there will be the new 170tdi available in 4motion and if so when?

Finally, what if any is the spec difference between the 2005 and 2006 versions ( what is a bee sting aerial?)

Thanks

Clowesy

Clowesy

Try your local VW dealer first and ask them to check stock of 2005 spec cars. They should be able to do a UK search for you. If no joy there try drivethedeal.com or onewswoop.com for approx £2k off list of a 2006 spec car.

Don't know if the new 170bhp engine comes with 4motion, no mention of it any of the press reports. Would make sense though.

Bee sting aerial is on the back of the roof at a slant. I have both the Golf 2005 and 2006 spec brochures. In the 2006 brochure the same cars in the same pictures have suddenly sprouted bee sting aerials !! Magic. Makes it easy to identify a 2006 spec car.