Depreciation of the Mk5 GTI!

Tunner

[ QUOTE ]

But i have noticed all dealerships local have at least one GTIs secondhand and simply are not shifting them. So looks like everyone wants new not secondhand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably has something to do with the fact that a second hand one will set you back almost as much as a brand new one, probably won't be the spec you wanted, and has already had ~5000 miles put on it by people "just testing out its capabilities" whilst the engine is still cold!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Mags - Am interested why you are selling your GTI so soon. Are you the first person here to feel dissatisfied with it or just moving to another ride?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am getting a Boxster and the Gti was an impulse purchase as at the time I had a 3 month old A4 cab which i could not wait to get out of. It has been a great car and I have actually been considering keeping it but an impending threat of redundency has made me think that it should go while the price is right.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I am getting a Boxster...

but an impending threat of redundency

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered the Boxster earlier in the year so have paid a deposit and have the money to pay for it but it will have to go if I lose my job and need some money to pay the mortgage frown.gif

My Gti is for sale in the classified section if anyone wants it for £18,000 +. http://www.tyresmoke.net/classifieds.php?ShowAd=1118

[ QUOTE ]

Can someone translate please?

"Personally I would'nt buy a second hand my2005 gti if it had no paddles. Would (not in the market have a new one) certainly consider a private used my2006, over a thrashed dealer ex-demo."

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation znaika.gif

Personally, I = my opinion, spankit

Second hand = used

my2005 = model year 2005

no paddles = no gear change paddles

not in the market = no intrest in

have a new one = own a brand new gti

would certainly consider = prefered choice

private used = not company/comercially owned

my2006 = (model year 2006)

thrashed = soon to blow up

dealer ex-demo = a car that has had every tom, dick and asbo'd chav thrash, yank, pull, adjust, fart, and nose pick in. Don't forget evey monkey in the dealership has used it to try and pick up teenage girls. How clean are your back seats? smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

www.glass.co.uk mirrors the dealer prices.

According to those in the know, the only saleable additional option on a second hand GTI is leather. This is the same for most cars. A 'used' punter will not fork out the £700 on Xenons, therefore the addition of thses and other 'high value' options will not be re-couped by an owner selling. Leather is worth maybe £500 currently.

Not my figures, they are from a dealer pricing system, so dont have a go at me if your car has plummeted in value!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a "dealer pricing system" when it's at home?? confused.gif

The GTI mk5 doesn't even book in Glass's or CAP yet so any projected values are just that...projected.

[ QUOTE ]

Sold my 7 month old GTI, 5 Door with Leather and 6CD for £19400

Jonathan

[/ QUOTE ]

Sold my 3 Red door with Nav/Xenons and leather for £22k in May. Bought in January for £22,850 SPericani2.gif

Loved it in Tornado Red (like Chins's car) but it's sooooo common now and red ones can be bought for £1-1.5k less than another colour for a car with the same spec.