Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sw1

Frankfurt R32 pics

44 posts in this topic

Doesn't look like they have a five door on display which is a shame. They had 3 GTI's on the stand at the Paris Launch.

I need to stop looking at this now, it seems to grow on me each time, esp in the blue.

suicide.gif

Just cannot form an opinion either way.....really do hate the alloys though.... smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Just cannot form an opinion either way.....really do hate the alloys though.... smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And the ride height EEK2.GIF looks like it's on stilts dung.gif

Have to say that it doesn't look nowhere near as good as the current model in my opinion. smashfreakB.gif

Yeah I agree,looks too high,not big fan of alloys, but for some reason it still doesn't make me as sick as before. Still going to stick with mine though as the interior on new one doesn't look as good either beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

And the ride height EEK2.GIF looks like it's on stilts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goes with the comment from my stealer that the new .:R will have a "softer" set-up than our existing mkiv.... frown.gif

To me, it looks REALLY ordinary.

VW seem to have played safe with the styling. My guess is that they are going for (much) bigger sales numbers than the Mk4.

So, ordinary looking and loads of them about: Sounds like the wait for the R36 could be worth it instead???

Yep, I agree with you guys....The Mk4 R32 looks much better....I don't like the 'Vauxhall' grill treatment or the alloys (both too fussy)....I generally prefer the Mk5 shape but not for the R32. Rear valance look okay though and better than my standard Mk5 GTI rear. V engine should be sweet and 4WD will be essential.

I think VW have specifically designed and engineered this R32 to be softer, not as agressive and more 'GT' like in order to appeal to a wider audience.... as they plan on selling a whole haep of them!!!

It does look a lot better in a real pic, as opposed to the promo shots that have been going about!

Still agree with the above comments, way to high and those alloys just don't go 169144-ok.gif

Maybe the alloys aren't up to scratch because the front looks like an 18" and the rear 15" suicide.gif

Check the first picture if you don't beleive me!

See what you mean about the Rear Alloys, Looks really weird. Must have been taken with some special Lense or something, but it doesn't do it any favours.

I take it the MK5 does not have Fogs?

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe the alloys aren't up to scratch because the front looks like an 18" and the rear 15" suicide.gif

Check the first picture if you don't beleive me!

[/ QUOTE ]

In the other pics I've seen the wheels/arches look ok. Strange UHOH7.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

I take it the MK5 does not have Fogs?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get fogs on "normal" Mk5 Golfs, but, as with the Mk4 R32 (which doesn't have them either), I guess someone at VW deemed zat ze Xenon headlights would mean zat you could not possiblee vant ze fog lights...

[ QUOTE ]

Someone at VW deemed zat ze Xenon headlights would mean zat you could not possiblee vant ze fog lights...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bi-Xenons on the new R......no need for front fogs anyway. Tend only to be used by Chavs in brilliant sunshine to make their Saxo's more "sporty"!! yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Is this possible confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To us, "no".....to the average Chav, who knows what goes on in their heads!!

Sitting at work in a Sixth form college filled with Chav's, i might go ask one ! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sitting at work in a Sixth form college filled with Chav's, i might go ask one ! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful now, wear a tin hat just in case!! 169144-ok.gif

That's the glovebox Al. It's higher up so the passenger can stretch their legs into the engine bay... tongue.gif