Autocar

Simonl

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

And then what's his face sutcliffe will say the Astra VXR is a better drive and it doesn't matter that if you floor it you go sideways through the next available hedge.

Funny it's just like the old Astra GTE 16 vs the MKII GTI 16v, grunt vs poise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if VW will do that advert again were they show the astra and golf at the lights. Was a great advert for the mk2 Golf GTI back then and would work great again today with the newer versions.

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder if VW will do that advert again were they show the astra and golf at the lights. Was a great advert for the mk2 Golf GTI back then and would work great again today with the newer versions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regulations. You can't imply or be seen to condone fast driving... bunch of w4nk if you ask me sportifs2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Regulations. You can't imply or be seen to condone fast driving... bunch of w4nk if you ask me sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the implication behind that advert was that the Astra driver was so desperate to prove he was faster but the Golf driver was above such things and was thus more responsible but it's been a while since I saw that ad.

Are there any online archives of VW ads?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the implication behind that advert was that the Astra driver was so desperate to prove he was faster but the Golf driver was above such things and was thus more responsible but it's been a while since I saw that ad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it was an Astra driver trying to prove a point against a Granny on a Zimma frame (about right) it wouldn't be allowed. It's a minefield!

My favourite Autocar piece of fiction was earlier this year when the banner was "Ford reintroduces the Scorpio"

When you read the article inside, it was about a people carrier the size of a Transit, which was a concept only at that stage, that bore no resemblance to any Granada or Scorpio and that had at no time been referred to by anyone connected with Ford, or indeed the writer of the article as a Scorpio.

They make up so much crap just to try and sell the mag