?Leon Cupra R Spoiler?

Dan32

I believe there is a short and sweet how-to on Vortex although the site is down right now so from memory:

Tools required:

screwdriver (torx bits confused.gif )

Seat Lip

Undo the screws a little which are on the underneath front edge of the front bumper, pull down the plastic liner a little and the seat lip fits snugly between the plastic piece and the actual bumper then simply do up the screws again.

I thought about doing this but my R is going to be close enough to the ground when I get the coilovers fitted on 28th and if it is screwed into the front bumper and i hit anything then id be worried about ripping or at least damaging the bumper quite severely.

cant wait to see some pic afterwards 169144-ok.gif

Cheers 50. Vortex was back on for long enough to find that thread but its obviously an american r because it didn't have the small lips on either side of the undertray. Was wondering if they had to be cut off or if a small section can be unclipped. Looked like one big piece as opposed to the US spec which is made up of 4 pieces.

I've always had the power and handling modding bugs, whichever car I've had, even going back to my 1968 1500 Beetle EEK2.GIF and have always steered fairly clear of aesthetic mods - spoilers etc, but have always liked subtle changes over standard to make the car slightly different and more individual.

I reckon that if you didn't know the chin spoiler was from a Cupra, it could be a standard feature of the R32.

A lot of the members on the uk-mkivs.net forum have done some fairly major bodywork mods, but yes, I think it may be creeping over to TsN... ROLLEY~14.GIF

Why on earth would you want to?

The LCR is too low at the front anyway and I'm constantly catching it where other cars (M3's etc) have sailed over the same bit of surface. I'd not bother personally. Besides, mine is also always coming out of its clip holes.

Right. Fiddled with it for couple of hours and never quite got the fit I wanted. I'll post a photo but basically you undo the screws holding the black plastic undertray, slide in the LCR splitter and do the screws up. Not 100% convinced yet. Something doesn't sit quite right. Looks better on the darker colours, as above.

Top job Dan - mine should be here tomorrow so should get it fitted if it really is a 15 minute job.

What did you do about the existing chin spoiler "lips" on either side of the car which are there as standard on the R32?

Did you cut them off or fit the Cupra spoiler over the top of them?

beerchug.gif

I left the spoiler lips on. I ended up trimming the LCR splitter to fit closer to these. Its soft enough to do with a Stanley knife. Loosen the screws and slide in over the top of the lips, so to speak!! You'll see what I mean about the fit though. The sides of the splitter won't follow the contour of the spoiler as well as I would like. I'm thinking some of the other attempts have been more successful/used some sort of heat gun to form the plastic a little bit. I'm going to carry on tomorrow. Lost the will to live messing about with it earlier!