?Leon Cupra R Spoiler?

Dan32

It still looks like a very neat install, albeit from a distance on a photo. Do you reckon you could predrill the Cupra spoiler and screw in from underneath to get the sides of the splitter to fit more closely to the spoiler? Or are you just talking about the splitter in the middle?

This was mentioned on one of the Vortex threads - have you fitted long screws through the centre "struts" in the centre splitter to make the install more secure - just thinking about the splitter flapping at 100+ mph. EEK2.GIF

On the track of course... tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

Its the sides that I'm not happy with. They don't follow the contour of the spoiler so you end up with a slight gap that you don't have anywhere else. Screws may well be going in tomorrow to try and help this. It seems secure enough but you never know. Especially on the 'track' at 100+. Was trying to avoid damaging the spoiler but its possible to pop a few self tapping screws thru the undertray which is easier to hide/replace when I sell the car.

And to line it up so it is in the middle, there is a grill support that seems to be smack bang in the middle of the spoiler, behind the mesh, which you can use as a reference, and then measure half way between the supports on the LCR splitter and put on some paper masking tape and a pencil line.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a bit fiddly but if you start with a self tapper at the front corner and work your way back towards the wheel arch it will bend into place a lot better. I ended up with 3 self tappers down the sides and none in the front and it seems to be fine. I was lucky enough to have unlimited use of a 'test track' the other day sekret.gif and it stayed on all the way to 135mph.

I'll try and get the camera under there but its a bit tight! I just put some tappers in where I thought they would a: not notice and b: hold the splitter on there. I know its not the best idea, making holes in the front bumper but the chances of anyone actually seeing these tiny holes, if I ever sold it,is minimal and could easily be repaired if need be.