T350 buying advice

DeanW

I'm seriously considering buying a T350 but I've heard so many bad reports about reliability etc and just wondered how you guys have found TVR ownership? Is it best to buy from a dealership, if so can you extend the factory warranty? Also should I be looking at a coupe or the targa top model?

Any other advice would be appreciated 169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...

Just noticed this thread... you have probably got bored and gone somewhere else by now... anyway..

Are you planning to buy new or second hand?

If New, TVR's now come (anything with an '05' plate or newer) with a very good warranty/guarantee which should make you pretty comfortable.

If used, I would either buy from a main dealer, or get someone who knows the cars and the speed six engine to look at it with you(there is a guy, who's name I can't remember who will source and buy a used TVR for you, he has a great reputation and usually gets people a good deal aswell).

The benefit of the T350 is that the technology is pretty mature, the speed six engine has been well tested on the the Cerb and Tuscan, so mechanically they are all pretty good.

As with all TVR''s it's not necessarily a good idea to go for a really early car as the guys at the factory haven't perfected the building method, get one that was built 6mths to a year after the model started and you should be fine.

T350C or T350T well... personally I prefer the coupe, I just think it has cleaner lines and is a stunning car. The 'T' is a bit of a compromise in my book.

Hope some of this helps

Cheers XFS