civic type r to MkIV R32 or MkV Gti?

jimmyt180975

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

When I was at AmD they told me in a straight line there is not much between the chipped Gti and the R32, but on the track the R32 was way ahead! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ] well i spoke to the bloke that owns it and he said he took the mk5 gti to croft and kicked ass lapping awsome gti tt and r32

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting over exited about all this..... its not a comptetion unless you're of the MaxP type!!! In which case buy a Saxo!!

Gti - great car, R32 - great car - but both completely different cars aimed at different markets and different types of drivers!

I know people with older, less powerful, crappier cars than we drive who would whip our asses round a track or on the road. I doubt any of us have driven our cars to the limit and the TG test track / stig isn't a realiable way to decide which is quicker.

Best to consign this arguement to the bin where it belongs.

169144-ok.gif

yeah it could go on for ages admitedly the R32 is quicker strait out the factory but when u start clocking the miles on the 2ltr turbo it losens up loads admitedly mine is modifiyed and hit 268 bhp on the rollers wiv a remap,forge motorsport atmostpheric dump valve(dont be fooled this only makes noise) KnN apollo induction system and millteck cat back. but i got the cash to blow and wanna look into going crazy wiv a 4-wheel drive conversion if i can find sombody to do it, this should make it better on twisty bits

[ QUOTE ]

yeah it could go on for ages admitedly the R32 is quicker strait out the factory but when u start clocking the miles on the 2ltr turbo it losens up loads admitedly mine is modifiyed and hit 268 bhp on the rollers wiv a remap,forge motorsport atmostpheric dump valve(dont be fooled this only makes noise) KnN apollo induction system and millteck cat back. but i got the cash to blow and wanna look into going crazy wiv a 4-wheel drive conversion if i can find sombody to do it, this should make it better on twisty bits

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could buy an R32 and give HPA a ring!

....268bhp vs 400+bhp and 4wd... hmm. decisions ...NOT!

(and lets not forget an R32 sounds fantastic. The GTI doesn't!)

HPA motorsports R32

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

forge motorsport atmostpheric dump valve(dont be fooled this only makes noise)

[/ QUOTE ]

No,it also releases pressure which causes the noise.

Horsepower/torque gains=0

[/ QUOTE ]

well done sherlock u just told me everything i already know im doing mechanical enginering at uni i may be young but i wasnt born yeasterday (i happen to like the sound)

[ QUOTE ]

well done sherlock u just told me everything i already know im doing mechanical enginering at uni i may be young but i wasnt born yeasterday (i happen to like the sound)

[/ QUOTE ]

....Uni or not, you might try learning to write English. You might also try being less sarcastic to other members (Activa) who are only trying to help you by offering information. How the heck are we meant to know you are studying mechanical engineering and does that mean you know it ALL anyway?

No, I'm not a Moderator but just a regular who cares.

I only stated a fact because your post implied that it was there for another reason,like to increase power.

I'm sure you are doing a mechanical engineering course and I wish you luck with it but myself and my friends have been tinkering with cars for the last 18 years and have probably learnt(often through trial and error I might add)much of what you are learning on your course.

Sometimes experience counts as much as the lessons. 169144-ok.gif