GTi Overpriced???

sw1

Good points, I also think the build quality on my GTi are very good, less rattles then I had with the BMer,

I'm going to take a look at the EOS when that come sout and consider trading mine, I will stick with the 2.0 fsi as it's such a great engine, it may be slightly slower though.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Robin,

I've had my GTI since July. It's a Shadow Blue 5 door GTI, with DSG, leather, Monza alloys, xenons, winter pack, multifunction wheel, parking sensors, folding & dimming mirrors, rear side airbags, and an arm rest. It wasn't cheap, but in that spec, its nearest competitor is the BMW 330i Tourer. My previous car was a Civic Type-R, which was great, but I wanted something with a bigger range of abilities than the Civic as my next car.

DSG is wonderful and I would struggle to consider another car without it. Might not be an issue with an Octavia though, and a £4K saving on a Focus is a lot of money.

Badges don't bother me much. Main cars I considered were the Mercedes SLK 350 and Boxster (too expensive once you add options), Nissan 350Z (quite hard work to drive, and felt slower than it actually was), Impreza or Evo (too hardcore), Audi A3 Sportback, and GTI. The GTI just felt right on every level.

I do have a soft spot for the Focus though. I've driven the 1.8 Mk1, and that was very good for the money. A mate has the Mk1 TDCi, and that's a very impressive car for day to day use (other than the rather dated interior). It wouldn't be much slower cross country than the GTI either. No way I'd consider swapping though :-)

Steven

Is the GTI over priced?

VW are limiting the numbers arriving on our shores currently, then you will only benefit once you sell, the residual value will be higher than a similar car potentially.

If the marque is littered with stupid variants like happened with the TT, then your GTI will devalue. It all depends upon VW GB. Flood the market for short term gain, or make the GTI an 'aspiration' brand?

no car is overpriced if your willing to buy it. sure we would all like it if it was £15,000 or even £10,000 but its not.

the golf forfills all my requirements, i need an estate really but just sold my saab cos its boring and im reaching 40 soon. need more adrenalin in my life smile.gif

i would have spent more and gone for a two seater sports car but no room for doggies frown.gif

so a compromise was reached, the GOLF GTI !!!! but i really wanted something that could really thrill big time so im thinking of chipping her when shes run in. then it will forfill all my requirements.