Where should I take her... (not in that way!)

neo283

Decent pub first for a few drinks then suggest a bite to eat - make sure you have a decent restaurant in mind though. Type of food doesn't matter too much in my opinion so long as the food is good and it's a relaxed place. If things are going well a bar after the restuarant for a couple and then back to your place.

audi_smitten - I'm in Stoke Gifford, but I live in Yate. I've heard of the Boathouse, may give it a go. Was also thinking a late night visit to the Clifton Gorge Hotel - that's pretty! (P.S. I PM'd you earlier regarding the bodyshop in Thronbury!)

Good advice dudes! I fully expected a slating!

Normally I'd post pictures of the results, but I don't think you want to see them!

[ QUOTE ]

Did you think about taking her up the OXO tower?

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif You've reminded me of this fake comedy oxo tower review from London-Eating.com - jump.gif

grin.gif Whilst searching for the first one I found the second review below - which also sounds rather dodgy, but perhaps thats just my mind being in the gutter ? yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

My boyfriend took me to the Oxo Tower Restaurant for the first time on my birthday last October and I have been badgering him ever since to do it again. It was a fantastic experience. I can strongly recommend it to anyone who is looking for something out of the ordinary, the Oxo Tower Restaurant is definitely somewhere that everyone should try at least once.

We started the evening with a few delicious cocktails which soon had us both relaxed. Fresh vegetables were used in really creative ways as starters and my boyfriend’s entrée was so exquisite that it brought tears to my eyes (I wouldn’t say it was a large portion but it was beautifully presented and in a really novel way).

I can’t wait to go to Oxo Tower Restaurant again and my boyfriend is behind me all the way. In fact he says he would go there again just for the fantastic view!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It's also rubbish and vastly over-rated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, went there a few years back and it was crap and bloody expensive. To sum it up we ended up getting a kebab on the way home because we were all still hungry frown.gif

Good luck with the date dude!

Jon.