Forge dump valve

dimma02

[ QUOTE ]

Has anybody ordered/fitted the new forge dump valve for the MKV golf GTI. am instrested in getting one and want to know is it

A.easy to fit.

B.Sound good like any other dump valve

c.Any problems associated with it.

Cheers for help on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that Forge dump valve for the MK5 GTI does not have any benefit to performance, its just a noise maker.

7MAT

Oooo and buy a Caterham R300 as well, very nice. I drove one of those a few months back at Silverstone. They had set up a handling course in a car park. It was by far the most fun I have had in a car. By the end of it, my neck ached with trying to hold my head up (with helmet) against the accelaration/cornering forces!

When I make my first million I wont buy a Ferrari or an Aston, I will buy a Caterham CSR and a big carpark FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

....I notice you'll be replacing your nice M3 - You may need Milltek Non-resonated exhaust on your GTI as a driving aid, especially if DSG. The Standard GTI is relatively quiet. See other threads on Millteks (and I have no financial interest in promoting Millteks whatsoever!).

[/ QUOTE ]

My Nice M3 is almost 4yrs old - so I now fancy a change. I plan on fitting a full turbo back exhaust system either from Milltek or Supersprint when I get her, also fancy Eibach springs, BBS CH's and software - not sure which yet. The car I've ordered will be manual, as I've been driving both DSG and SMG for the last 3 and a bit years and fancy a bit of heel and toe action again.

Matt

[ QUOTE ]

Oooo and buy a Caterham R300 as well, very nice. I drove one of those a few months back at Silverstone. They had set up a handling course in a car park. It was by far the most fun I have had in a car. By the end of it, my neck ached with trying to hold my head up (with helmet) against the accelaration/cornering forces!

When I make my first million I wont buy a Ferrari or an Aston, I will buy a Caterham CSR and a big carpark FIREdevil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Caterhams, and have wanted one for years! The M3 is an expensive car to own and run. I worked out that I could own and run both the GTI and 2nd hand Caterham for less money than the M3 over 3 years.

7MAT

VAG cars don't have dump valves, they have Diverter Valves. The forge otem is better then the VAG one as the VAG ones tend to crack and leak.

You drive a Golf GTi, you don't need some whooosh-pop MaxP type dump valve.

In terms of performance, you won't get any more outa of teh Forge item, only longevity and a better quality product.

169144-ok.gif