Can't believe it's a Ford Cortina! Am I that old?

Colin M

OK, not a Cortina as such, but the equivalent. It's the new 2004 Ford Mondeo. Is it me going senile, or is this a decent looking car?

I reckon it has an Audi A4 look about it, and even those wheels?

For something that will retail for a fraction of Audi's prices, I reckon this will be a hot seller for Ford.

2004mondeo.jpg

You're getting old mate grin.gif

Looks very conservative to me.. you can see Passat details there (didn't Ford nick the VW designer?) .. the only thing that makes it ok is the Focus headlights..

Call a spade a spade, a ford a dung.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I reckon it has an Audi A4 look about it, and even those wheels?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's got more of the Passat look about it than an A4. However, those wheels are definitely pretty close to the Avus design.

Not a bad looking car all told, but unfortunately, it's still a Ford dung.gif

yeah it is a passat, i will get to drive on soon as my father in law works for ford so he has a string of mondeos. The current model isnt too bad, he has the V6 at the moment but the brakes are very bad - always a worry i am going to write it off when i drive it as it never seems to want to stop.

[ QUOTE ]

You want to try a Freelander. Borrowed one once, thought the brakes had failed!! EEK2.GIF

oh and it was a 1.8 version so the performance was similar, but in accelerative rather than decelerative terms! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never understood the fascination for Freelanders.

Cheap and plasticky on the inside, all the performance of a garden snail (no offence Snail), unreliable (according to my mate's wife) and expensive too.

Why ?

Maybe now they're owned by a respectable car manufacturer they'll improve....

even though i personally wouldn't consider buying a mondeo, rest assured it will probably be the top seller of its class. why? the same reason any of these boring, crappy cars are sold in vast numbers - leasing of company cars.

anyway, it doesn't look half bad now. although it does appear to be shape-shifting into a passat grin.gif