Best of Topgear

quattroboy

Did any one see it?

It was 2 articles:

1. Driving a car vs plane/train etc - had to be this - this WAS most of this series - it was where Hamster and May race JC in a 612 Scag to Switzerland.

2. Only other article seemed to be F1 man Mark Webber in the Liani.

Crap really.

Nice to be able to watch cars on telly again though - as poor as this series was!

Sorry, have to disagree with you lot as any chance to see and hear the McMerc on that race to Norway is worth watching again and again.

notworthy.gif

CLS55 AMG was OK, Cadillac CTS-v vs S4 good but the wrong result (CTS more expensive and more powerful, how's that comparible??).

I also think the Stig is getting a bit complacent in his driving. If you consider his smooth driving of some cars in early series to get the best time he was ragging that S4 all over the shop, no wonder it couldn't beat the yank tank.

Let's hope he's been back to race driving school for a refresher for the new series.

[ QUOTE ]

he was ragging that S4 all over the shop, no wonder it couldn't beat the yank tank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he had to get the S4 oversteering to get it around the corners though, most Quattro's tend to understeer quite a bit so maybe that is how he counteracted it? I've never driven the S4 so I don't really know. That's how the S3 needs to be treated though, I know that much! wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

he was ragging that S4 all over the shop, no wonder it couldn't beat the yank tank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he had to get the S4 oversteering to get it around the corners though, most Quattro's tend to understeer quite a bit so maybe that is how he counteracted it? I've never driven the S4 so I don't really know. That's how the S3 needs to be treated though, I know that much! wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There is that to a certain extent, however if you compare Stiggy's driving when it was the B6 S4 (pre face lift) to get the lap time and how he drove vs CTS-v, completely different. If it was on Conti's I can also understand, they're awful! smashfreakB.gif

I and the missus were on TopGear when they were reviewing the new Ford GT.....had a chat with Clarkson during break time....asked him how the owner of the RS200 he drove reacted after they had to tell him that Clarkson couldnt handle it and he crashed lol Then he turned around and stood on my missus...she's very short lol Was a great day out tho smile.gif