Honeymoon

RobK

Really?

My best experience (as in, one that I will remember for a long time) is standing on top of Scafell Pike earlier this year, and 'conquering' Snowdon the year before that. The sense of achievement was immense (I had dragged all my kit up with me, as I was hiking in a linear route.

Have to agree hill walking is fantastic experience. Snowdon beat me the first time but not the second. I didn't like Scafell boring climb and the the other two peaks in the area look higher, although they are not. Do like Helvelyn, striding edge is not for the faint hearted.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Just make sure you're wearing body armour if you ever suggest this to a bride to be grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You been there too fella?! They really don't like the idea of getting married in a dress that someone else has do they blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes! I was lucky, the Mrs paid for the wedding and her Mum bought her dress for her. Glad it wasn't me signing the slip grin.gif

I coughed up for the Honeymoon and the free bar at the wedding. Trying to think back now which one cost less yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Have to agree hill walking is fantastic experience. Snowdon beat me the first time but not the second. I didn't like Scafell boring climb and the the other two peaks in the area look higher, although they are not. Do like Helvelyn, striding edge is not for the faint hearted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scafell is not a boring climb if you go up the direct way (to the pass between the peaks) climbing up the scee with 40Kg or so of equipment! Going down the other side wasn't easy either - if you have an OS map of the area handy - we went to the north, and then took the first path east. Steep down and up - almost broke us, but we had a cup of tea at Angle Tarn and soldiered on.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Just make sure you're wearing body armour if you ever suggest this to a bride to be grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You been there too fella?! They really don't like the idea of getting married in a dress that someone else has do they blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes! I was lucky, the Mrs paid for the wedding and her Mum bought her dress for her. Glad it wasn't me signing the slip grin.gif

I coughed up for the Honeymoon and the free bar at the wedding. Trying to think back now which one cost less yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid for the hire of my suit (cheapskate!) and a couple of gifts and that was it.

In laws paid for everything - Splendid.

I had no idea her parents were loaded until the first time I went to their house.

Massive long drive and vast house with a boathouse full of various powerboats.

I bricked myself!

Latest yacht is a Fisher 46 made in steel due to be finished in March '06.

Anyway, I reckon "action" honeymoons are more memorable.

• 2 months later...

We've finally decided on Las Vegas and Hawaii laugh.gif

We're going to stay for 4 nights in Las Vegas at the Bellagio, then go over to Hawaii's Big Island for a few nights to see the volcano and so on, then to Oahu for a week on Waikiki Beach and back to Vegas for a couple more nights at THEhotel before going home. Can't wait!!