Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shao_khan

Technical Problems - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

14 posts in this topic

When posting a technical problem could people post the following to help diagnosis:-

Make:

Model:

Year:

Engine:

Engine Code:

Mileage:

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

2006 GOLF GTI DSG 3DR 6 miles on the clock!

Bi-Xenon bulbs are flickering then not tunring on, does anyone know if this is serious problem?

Make:VW

Model:Passat 1.8 20v

Year:1999

Engine:1800cc

Engine Code:????

Mileage: 84k

The central locking no longer works. If i unlock the driver's door-that's the only door which unlocks whereas the passenger door unlocks everything but the driver's door. The E/W and Heated Mirrors have also conked out too. I've looked at fuses but haven't got a clue whas wrong. Also my interior lights have never worked-any ideas? Can anyone help? <font color="purple"> </font>

It should be cleaned of the extra posts and then locked

But i am not a "mod" (i don't have a big hooded coat or a scooter)

Hi SK, isn't there a security issue with posting such details as engine code on a public forum? I stand to be corrected.

Nah, not at all, engine code is a generic 3 character code to identify the engine revision - e.g. 210 S3 = AMK, 225 S3 = BAM.

Its not like a chassis # which would actually identify a vehicle 169144-ok.gif

Ah, thanks Mollox, having stood up to be corrected I can sit down again now. I thought it was like a chassis number.

No, obviously an engine does have a unique number which could be used to identify it, but the code is merely as Mollox says just the Manufactureres designation for the engine.

The reason for asking is that it can help identify differences in apparently similar engines i.e 1.8T engine, may have K03, K03s or K04 Turbo from the factory, with power outputs from 150 - 240 (or whatever the highest is). It is to help any of the technical bods make sure they are aware of version before comment.