zoomx3

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

...thought I could memorise 4 numbers for about 3 minutes before committing them to TSN.

[/ QUOTE ]

....If you suffer from Short Term Memory Loss please press Option 9.............

.................If you suffer from Short Term Memory Loss please press Option 9.........If you....

I use an accu-gage dial gauge. They’re the old fashioned circular ones. I know they are not as accurate as the digital ones but I just love the retro brass necks and they have an escape valve/ reset button, where you can release air while constantly checking whether you’re getting closer to your target. They just feel good in your hand. Mine runs from 0-100 psi but you can also get ones running up to 60 which will give a more precise reading as the scale runs wider. Unfortunately like most things being starting to be made in china (accu-gage claim they’re still being made from parts of chinese and us origin), the “feel” is disappearing from the products. The bezel on one I got recently decidedly looks cheap. the dials are still of pretty good quality though.

Following simkna's post I took a trip to the nearest Halfords 17 miles away with the intention of buying the tyre pressure guage he had linked to....But....I came out having spent more money on this little gem:

TyrePressureBag.jpg

As you can see, the digital readout lights up and so does the nozzle. Extra bike nozzle is supplied too. Does PSI/BAR/KPA and has nice neoprene bag with magnetic catch. It's heavy and alloy and rubber....Oooooooooh!! Kinda goes with the GTI....I can't help it! I'm a retired designer!

TyrePressureGuage.jpg

Defo the back of my car too! It's called 'swirl' and is due to aerodynamics or air turbulence. It's even called "dirty air" in some circles. Fast driving in the wet is what promotes it....I don't mean unsafe fast. How often you need to use the rear wiper is a big indication. Automatic wiper management is a dream!

The GTI feels very stable in the wet and coped with several quite deep surprise pools yesterday 169144-ok.gif .

Just not driving in the wet though. Out this past weekend in the country and had to drive on unsealed roads for a couple of miles. Very dry, fine dust covered the entire back of the car.

Well at least it was dust until I used the rear washer to see out the back and then it just turned long dirty streaks as the photo shows.

She's clean again...but its now pouring with rain. This will mean only one thing - a another dirty bum.

post-10822-137914329422_thumb.jpg

Red,

I had noticed you were in Devon. I won't suggest the coasts are similar but thought you might appreciate the shot. This particular road runs for around 250km along the south coast of Australia (Victoria) - next stop heading south - looking out to sea is the Antartic, about 4,000km away. Most of the 250km are pretty tightly cut into the cliffside. The roads aren't as tight or twisty as say the north coast of Devon or Cornwell - I know this side of Devon a little better than the south - family originally come from Bude and Boscastle but they are pretty good fun - except for the tourists who want to look about rather than drive!! Great GTI territory otherwise.