Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MOSE

Dash Illumination

9 posts in this topic

Is there an easy way or a very quick fix to changing the colour of the illumination on a dash? Am wanting to change the illumination from green to blue. Or does ths involve taking the dash to pieces?

oooohhhhhh how I wish it were true lodders. But I genuinely have trouble with the green, or maybe Ive got used to orange. But blue is nice and I quite fancy it!

To change the dash colour, you will have to remove the instrument pod etc.

Sometimes the lamps are just white and the colouring is on the dials and their plastic surrounds, which means you're stuck with whatever colour the dash is anyway. To my knowledge, only Vauxhalls have no ilumination colour i.e the dials etc. are a white background.

To be honest, its easier to change your car grin.gif

If I am honest, I like the bluey white of Audi's best. Blue was great as a novelty but looks cheap once the novelty has worn off.

[ QUOTE ]

To change the dash colour, you will have to remove the instrument pod etc.

Sometimes the lamps are just white and the colouring is on the dials and their plastic surrounds, which means you're stuck with whatever colour the dash is anyway. To my knowledge, only Vauxhalls have no ilumination colour i.e the dials etc. are a white background.

To be honest, its easier to change your car grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...... lol.gif.......ok. Well new car is a Vaux Monaro VXR. I spokw with them today and they were very helpful in saying that Holden have a variety of interior option savailable and only too happy for mail order as well. So I could change the colour of the illuminated bits of the car if I wanted to, could also take out the brushed aluminium bits and exchange for piano black etc etc. So, soon as I find the link am going to look into it. Was just curious to know how much hassle it would be to actually to the install, cos if I'm honest I cant really be ar$ed.

My wife had a VW Passat 1.8T 20v on a Y plate...with those ultra cool violet lights.

I liked those and she loved them. She still mentions how much she misses her 'cool lights' now!

Well, well. supercar performance for not much brass. Like your style 169144-ok.gif

If the dials are as per all the other VXR's then the lamps should be clear. All you'd need to do would be change the dial fronts, not an impossible task.

Although, I'm not sure if I'd want to take my new car to bits all over the drive, 'cause you know you'll always end up with a spare screw grin.gif

Anyway, if you dim the instrument lighting, its almost yellow anyway grin.gif

HHhhhhmmmm, well I will live with it for a little while and see how I get on with it, but green isnt my favourite colour and against the "brushed chrome" effect on the rest of the dash it is actually reflecting off it. Might just dim it and see how it goes.!