Awaiting Shipping...

jamiey

We know how you feel! What's going through your mind is how long it's going to take to cross the North Sea. You'll be looking at your atlas and tuning into North Sea weather reports! You'll be hoping she's not on deck and is lashed down safely etc. Am I right?

The answer to your quezzie is Emden in Germany and a boat leaves once a week and no-one seems to know how long it takes to reach Sheerness. Mine was lost in this 'Black Hole' for 2 weeks and not knowing made it seem like an eternity. I have complained politely to VW UK about this but doubt if they'll improve their tracking systems in this area. The UK dealers simply cannot trace your car until some bod with a clipboard locates it on the dockside and logs it onto the networked computer system at Sheerness. After that, the road transporters are under a strict contract to deliver to your dealer within a short timeframe and then the car has to be inspected and prepared for your collection.

I am assuming that all UK GTIs enter the UK at Sheerness but for Edinburgh this might not be the case. Your dealer should be able to tell you the port of entry.

I hope this helps. Not too long now 169144-ok.gif

Cheers Red.

I would imagine it would be sheerness and the trained up.

The BT building I work is next to a railway line and every now and again a huge train packed with several hunderd peugeots and citroen is pulled past.

I suspect VW would have a similar arrangment.

Ordered on 31st July.

Dealer build estimate on the Friday following was week 34 (last week).

Build commenced last Friday.

The dealer originally thought it would the the start of November so I suspect it will be here a couple weeks ahead of schedule

Please note I went to a smaller dealer in Grangemouth on word of mouth and they must have had plenty of allocation left.

What spec is yours? could that be the hold up...

[ QUOTE ]

We know how you feel! What's going through your mind is how long it's going to take to cross the North Sea. You'll be looking at your atlas and tuning into North Sea weather reports! You'll be hoping she's not on deck and is lashed down safely etc. Am I right?

The answer to your quezzie is Emden in Germany and a boat leaves once a week and no-one seems to know how long it takes to reach Sheerness. Mine was lost in this 'Black Hole' for 2 weeks and not knowing made it seem like an eternity. I have complained politely to VW UK about this but doubt if they'll improve their tracking systems in this area. The UK dealers simply cannot trace your car until some bod with a clipboard locates it on the dockside and logs it onto the networked computer system at Sheerness. After that, the road transporters are under a strict contract to deliver to your dealer within a short timeframe and then the car has to be inspected and prepared for your collection.

I am assuming that all UK GTIs enter the UK at Sheerness but for Edinburgh this might not be the case. Your dealer should be able to tell you the port of entry.

I hope this helps. Not too long now 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nearly right. Vehicles are shipped from Emden, takes 24 hours with 3-4 ships per week. GTI's go into the 3 ports VW use (Sheerness, Grimsby and Tyneside) sp I guess an Edinburgh car goes into Tyneside.

[ QUOTE ]

Nearly right. Vehicles are shipped from Emden, takes 24 hours with 3-4 ships per week. GTI's go into the 3 ports VW use (Sheerness, Grimsby and Tyneside) sp I guess an Edinburgh car goes into Tyneside.

[/ QUOTE ]

....When mine was delayed two weeks I was clearly told one ship per week and 2-3 days to Sheerness car park and that the reason for my delay was my car had missed the weekly boat. Fecking liars!! I still got mine 12 weeks from order I'm glad to say.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no im sad im so tempted to go GTI sight seeing, now i know they come into tyneside port,:oblush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool!

I thought the dealer was being a bit ambitious saying it could be here for the end of next week, but maybe not.

I better start sorting out all the Subaru's paperwork and tiding out all the junk that has accumulated in it for the last seven years...

Well the dealer called today... Not in yet but should be ready to pick up early next week.

He's hopefully to get it registered tomorrow so I can sort out my insurance...

He asked the dread question "and how are you going to pay sir..."

I'm away this weekend so I'll have to take some photo's of the Subaru before it goes next week...

most stealers dont accept CC payments though due to the CC company taking their slice of pie - think it is around 1% for normal cards ang goes up to about 3% for amex and diners if i remember correctly. Although i did swop my halifax account to get the cashback on my debit card purchases...