Abyssmal Stealer?

kazmart

Be interested to hear your comments on my order situation. I think my stealer is giving me somewhat of a run around at the moment.

I placed my order for a GTI on 15 August deposit paid and told that it would be ordered the first week of September with estimated delivery December 14th (Quoted on order invoice). Happy with that.

One month later, still heard nothing from stealer. So pop in to showroom, told can't order the car until first week in October expected delivery now March 2006. Very unhappy. Note mild understatement

Now end of first week in October - still no news - no commission number, no build week etc. Get the feeling the stealer has been slightly dishonest about the whole deal. I think he has far more orders than allocations and in honesty his estimated delivery dates are wildly inaccurate. To my mind if he knows how many orders he has and how many allocation slots then he should be able to provide a realistic estimate of delivery date.

Furthermore customer service is abyssmal from this stealership, phone calls not returned, messages not passed on internally at the stealership, lack of info ref order - all in all, so far a cr*p experience when spending 20k plus on a new car.

I've already complained to VW UK about the poor customer service, but am now ready to fire letters at both the stealership and VW UK. This also has an impact on selling my present car, agreed to sell to a friend in November and borrow a car for a month or so from another friend until my GTI arrived. Now I would have to impose on my friend to borrow a car for far longer or buy a snotter until GTI delivered.

What would you do??? sportifs2.gif

kazmart

Abyssmal customer service indeed - the trouble is, you're highly unlikely to find any dealer with stock allocation for this year left, the gti is just too popular. Of course, the dealer should have been up front with you about this. Given that he hasn't, I wouldn't cancel your order (or you'll go to the back of the queue somewhere else in any case) but I'd go in and have a word with the sales manager and just demands that you get the entire truth of the situation - when order will be placed, official lead times/wait etc.

Welcome kazmart. It seems to me that you have rumbled the fact that it's his allocations which are the problem. It is likely that when he took your deposit he didn't immediately send your order to VW Germany. It is usual for Germany to take 2 weeks from the time of your deposit to then give you a reliable build week start date - everyone here is reporting this same timeframe for this stage.

It is inexcusable and unprofessional behaviour by your dealer but, on the basis of what else you report about him, perhaps to be expected. My dealer actually informed me of the expected timeframe before I paid my deposit and confirmed it again on ordering.

VW UK would doubtless be very concerned about any instances of poor customer service from any of its approved representatives. By putting matters in writing everything is on record and no-one can ignore your case. If anyone does ignore your letters they put themselves deeper in the poo.

I would write in the same sort of tone as your post: Dissatisfied and potentially seriously inconvenienced and pointing out the bad conduct of their representative. The dealer should lend you a reasonable car free of charge to cover the gap caused solely by their conduct.

Be firm and be prepared to back up what you state. Write objectively and without unreasonable language such as "the feckers" etc. You will get more with honey than with vinegar but mean business - You won't go away and you ain't gonna be mucked around.

Before I ramble on any more, defo put in writing and set out the dates and actions in chronological order and keep tight records of everything from now on.

I hope this helps. Good Luck.

Thanks Guys.

You pretty much confirm my own thoughts.

Don't want to cut my nose off by cancelling the order and therefore making delivery even later.

Funnily enough already have a pretty massive later prepared in chronological order ready to send to stealer principal and to Paul Willis Director of VW UK.

I don't think it unreasonable either to request a courtesy car to cover the interim perriod between their original estimate and the one there giving me now, especially as I think there 'blagging it'.

Will let you all know how I get on.