=>16 weeks wait =Courtesy car?

rich63

Hi Guys!

Has anyone taken advantage of the courtesy car offer from VAG yet, it has now been sixteen weeks since I ordered and I am now eligible.

I went to see my dealer yesterday and they are going to arrange it on Tuesday. If anyone has already got a courtesy car, what car did they offer you?, do you foot the insurance bill?, who suplies the car, the dealer or is it through a hire company?. I would be interested to know if any of you have had any problems with your dealers with this offer.

Bye the way, I have noticed I am now a "Newbie" does this mean I get a badge or Certificate? beerchug.gif

Similar situation, week 6 order and reminded my dealer of his obligation. He tried to palm me off by suggesting that the car 'might' be here last week June/first week July, and I should consider myself lucky, my response was that he would save some money as he wouldn't have to supply a car for me for much longer.

Let me know what you get and do you have a delivery date ?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll keep you posted, I reminded them this morning and they will call me tomorrow, as for delivery date the only info I have is that the build week is 28, so expect delivery 1-3 weeks later, I am almost tempted now to wait for a 53 reg, I spoke to another dealer today, the guy I know there ordered one for himself yesterday and has an expected delivery date of August?

beerchug.gif

A bit of pressure and the mention of a visit to Milton Keynes in which I would make time to drop in to VW UK try to get an appointment with Paul Willis (the MD, name found on VW website) and 30 minutes later a very kind offer of a 2.0 GTI 5dr 'until yours arrives sir' was made. So, I give them credit , but I shouldn't need to ask.

All others waiting for your late R32's, make sure you pressure your dealer when he says that the R32 doesn't qualify for the 4 weeks late loan car scenario because it is limited production, if anything it gives you an opportunity to move your part-ex before its value drops anymore rather than letting VW make more money on the interest from your deposit.

I ordered week 6 and have now been told week 26/28 will be likely delivery, although no scheduled date has been published. Either way its fine my me as VW are now carrying the risk whilst I drive around in their car.

Picked up a courtesy 2.0 GTI last night, thank you VW UK, the dealer made a comment that we may see some movement now it was costing them money.

Quite remarkably overnight my order moved from accepted to scheduled and likely delivery end of June..... now there's a coincidence. jump.gif

Hi Simon,

Can I just confirm a couple of points ?

1) The '16 weeks' is from the date when you actually put down your deposit ?

2) Is there a restriction on mileage on the 'courtesy car' ?

3) Are you responsible for the insurance/servicing etc

Thanks mate. beerchug.gif

JHT,

16 weeks was from the date the order was accepted, ie when I came off the waiting list and the paperwork was sent off.

In my case week 6. This was given with a 12/14 week delivery time, VW UK state anything more than 16 weeks (i.e. 4 weeks late) gets you a courtesy car if you are inconvenienced by the delay.

I don't know that there are any rules with the car, it wasn't mentioned, but I was glad to receive a 400 mile demonstrator with the insurance covered by VW.

VW UK did try to explain that the R32 is exempt fom this policy, fortunately for me the dealer had already made the committment verbally and had I reminded him about it every time we spoke since.

I did get a bit excited, and was prepared to pay a visit to VW head office and find someone who could tell me why the R32 is not classified as a production model, but didn't need to in the end.

To be honest, once they realised they had made a verbal committment they couldn't have been more helpful or reasonable.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll keep you posted, I reminded them this morning and they will call me tomorrow, as for delivery date the only info I have is that the build week is 28, so expect delivery 1-3 weeks later, I am almost tempted now to wait for a 53 reg, I spoke to another dealer today, the guy I know there ordered one for himself yesterday and has an expected delivery date of August?

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Got the courtesy car smile.gif a god damn polo 1.2e frown.gif only done 4k and the engine is pissing out engine oil all over my drive!, starting to have a few doubts over VW engine build quality! they are sorting me a golf for next week, still; the missus is chuffed that she's got her car back, she made me clean it before she had it back though, took me all day!

beerchug.gif