Audi A4 BT retrofit pictures

Nigel, thanks for trusting me....

Here's an update to the tested phones list...

This list of phones has been tested in the UK with an EU RNS-E running the 2005_2 SW 0360 and FW 050. You may find differences with lower revisions of SW or US devices.

So far paired and Hands free profiles for...

SE K700i

SE K750i

SE S700i

SE W800i

SE T68

Nokia 6021

Nokia 6310i

Nokia 6800

Nokia 6810

Nokia 6822

Nokia 6230

Nokia 8800

Motorola Razor V3

Motorola V550

Siemens S65

Phones that worked, but not with full Hands free (PDA phones mainly)

SE 910i

Nokia 7710

Samsung D500

Motorola MPX220

Qtek 2020i - Flakey

Phones that found the Interface ,but no pairing at all:

T-Mobile MDA II

O² XDA II

Ive got an A3 with factory installed RNS-E and bluetooth car kit, however when pairing with any phone I have tried (6230, 6230i, k750i etc) I dont get the last call menus etc, just the very basic answer and reject calls.

Its the same wether I use bluetooth or the audi cradle, just wondering if I am missing something obvious on my phone or the nav unit?

The RNS-E reports to be using HW53 and SW100 as the hw and sw versions.

Any help would be appriciated smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Worth letting interested parties know that yesterday (4th March 2006) craigyb installed a retrofit Bluetooth kit to my Audi A4. I travelled over to his place and he got working by just after 09:00 and had finished by 11:00.

I have not been a reader of this forum or involved in any kind of Audi upgrades at all - so it was understandable that I might be a tad nervous EEK2.GIF about what Craig planned to do... however, I need not have been.

Before going into detail, I shall provide a Management Summary - "<font color="blue">Bluetooth kit fitted in under two hours and demonstrated to the users - two phones pairing successfully - a Nokia 6310i and a Sony Ericsson T630!</font>" - one very happy customer - grin.gif!

Here's a picture half-way through the install... Craig was slipping all over the place (in the snow and ice) and bits of my car were everywhere but what mattered was the professional attitude of getting the job done, and done properly, that counted.

FUCKY(1).jpg

The RNS-E came out, the glove-box came out, the trim came off, the overhead lighting cluster came out... what made me really pleased was that all the parts were genuine Audi parts and were going into places they were designed to go into... the microphone slots into its exact position for example.

In the end, I have the car that is more the car that I should have ordered from Audi in the first place - my own fault of course, but Audi's inability to retrofit anything is often quite frustrating. Craig had done an <u>excellent</u> job!

If you're looking to phone-enable your Audi - how would you go about it - would you order a professionally-fitted cradle or would you go Bluetooth - in my mind there's just no choice to be made... Bluetooth is infinitely more convenient and allows for easy upgrades.

Would I recommend Craig to you? Yes, I would. I am one happy puppy with the new facility my car now offers me.

One final question... if anyone knows how to set the auto-hang-up delay on Bluetooth Audi's with the RNS-E that would be cool to know... the phone does eventually auto-hang-up - but only after a good 10 seconds or so... I'm wondering if that setting can be decreased at all.

And, finally, does anyone know when Audi's navigation system is going to stop being so comical? I wasn't aware of a "tour of interesting roudabouts" setting in the sat. nav. but since the 2004 disk - release 0080 - I've had strangers and stranger things happening with the routing... here's an example of "<font color="red">Rückwärts mit technik</font>" instead of "<font color="red">Vorsprung durch technik</font>"... frustrating!

SAN.jpg

Cheers, DpM

Wow I didn't know this functionallity existed. Can the BT only be fitted to RNS systems?

I have a 2006 A3 Sportback, Symphony II and BOSE. Can it get any form of BT connection with my 6230i?

Have got a Tomtom 700 which is great but I can't integrate it into the Audi audio system without cutting wires, i.e no-plug and play.

Anything to allow me to use my phone through DIS and stereo speakers would be fantastic 169144-ok.gif

• 1 year later...