FROM M3 CAB TO MONARO VXR

MOSE

[ QUOTE ]

you know what.... i was finding my way to the tyresmoke reviews section to have a look for what helfinger has had to say about strapping a supercharger to his R32 - since i have thinking about either chopping mine in or upgrading it for sometime now...

and i think your review has just tipped it for me...

hmmmm....just gotta wait for tomorrow now to book that test drive! in fact, im sure i got a business card from a helpful chap in the aldershot vauxhall stealers when i went and had a look at one there a while ago - is this where you picked your beasty up from too???

cheers,

calum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calum,

It was indeed Aldershot Drive where I got the car from. They currently have the 5.7L Flame Red VXR as a demo car, shortly up for sale, and a Phantom Black 6.0L on display in the showroom.

Drop me a email (details on profile) and I will forward you the name of the guy I was dealing with. They are effortless to deal with.

169144-ok.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think being the first to have been taken out for a spin in it, all I can say is I'm green with envy wink.gif

The car looks the part, as mentioned, it stands out because its rare, which is an immediate plus point with me. The interior is outstanding for a VX, and hey, if Aston use mondeo switches ....

Performance mind, in the wet when we were out all I can say is, on a dry day you better have been to the loo before hand. There was no slipping I could feel at any time and the thing just wanted to go, and it was raining constantly. My landrover was slidding all over the place on the way home!!! You wouldn't believe that out of such a powerful engine so much control could be delivered.

Mose, enjoy, its rare and rapid and its gonna bring so many more smiles than the M3 169144-ok.gif

Thanks for the ride 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well I think being the first to have been taken out for a spin in it, all I can say is I'm green with envy wink.gif

The car looks the part, as mentioned, it stands out because its rare, which is an immediate plus point with me. The interior is outstanding for a VX, and hey, if Aston use mondeo switches ....

Performance mind, in the wet when we were out all I can say is, on a dry day you better have been to the loo before hand. There was no slipping I could feel at any time and the thing just wanted to go, and it was raining constantly. My landrover was slidding all over the place on the way home!!! You wouldn't believe that out of such a powerful engine so much control could be delivered.

Mose, enjoy, its rare and rapid and its gonna bring so many more smiles than the M3 169144-ok.gif

Thanks for the ride 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you enjoyed mate. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Errmmm -How much are they going for?

Reckon I could get my surfboards in the boot too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless they were Boogie Boards. The Boot in last years VXR is bigger and it is a bloody fair size. In the lastest VXR, the petrol tank has been moved and is now positioned above the rear axle, so this means that boot space is now limited. Not a problem if you dont really have a use for boot space, like me!!

[ QUOTE ]

Bugger.

It'll have to be an RS6 then.

We fitted boards easily into a similar sized Ford Falcon in Oz and a Holden Commodore.

Darn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly boy! If you want to pretend to be a yuppie Aussie surf dude - put the boards on roof racks on the Monaro! tongue.gif