Stop The Cock 2 - Jason Barlow

Ari

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It would appear that the achingly-trendy one is no longer at the helm.

Two issues now & no mention of his departure - how very Soviet Union..

So, there's hope yet then - maybe Car will revert to being a CAR magazine rather than the automotive equivalent of GQ.

smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm really liking Car Magazine now, much better now we've lost all the Viz style "humorous pranks" and cartoons.

Current Car is clever, insightful and interesting, a cracking good read. 169144-ok.gif

Interesting about "media glasses Barlow" though... sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - it's improved again but it's still a wee bit style over substance for my taste.

Still the best of the lot I reckon although TG's not too far off nowadays.

There was actually a mention of The Barlow Formerly Known As Editor in Top Gear Mag a couple of months back where Michael Harvey "welcomed him back.."

Watch this space I guess.. coffee.gif

• 2 months later...

what happened to fast lane? look at the saturday telegraph ... peter dron, andrew english, peter hall, mark hales, simon arron, angus frazer, all ex fast lane... plus tony dron, doug nye, brian laban... and while they were alive, phil llewellin, russell bulgin, even setright once... i've seen brett fraser in there and antony french-constant and mike rutherford, and theyve got james may every week.... they had the sense to sack stephen bayley and they ditched jason barlow quicker than car did. not many pages and definately not glossy, but it makes autocar look like a bunch of kids. they obviously know there stuff and probably being the old guard there not afraid to slag things off. honest john is brilliant... and they do bikes properly with kevin ash, even suzi perry. you dont even have to buy the paper cos its all online as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Car magazine is sexist they rejected me 4 being a woman!!!!

luckly im published now but if car beg for me they wont get i want to write for Top Gear just seduce top gear mag with my English charms clevage and talent hehe :P

[ QUOTE ]

luckly im published now but if car beg for me they wont get i want to write for Top Gear just seduce top gear mag with my English charms clevage and talent hehe :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention, spelling, punctuation and grammar.........

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Car magazine have also filled their quota of writers that can't string a coherent sentence together, so that's a double whammy of disappointment, isn't it?

[ QUOTE ]

nope they said my spelling is fine and my work is good james may also likes my work he will be emailing me as long as james likes my work i dont care what u losers say.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, well done! You must be very proud.

To help you in your writing, please find some things that you may find useful:

!!!!!

"""""

?????

'''''

Please feel free to use them once in a while. If you run out, let know and I'll happily supply some more, although based on previous experience of your 'work' this should be sufficient to last you a few years.............

169144-ok.gif

Sidicks