Tyres - which ones?

kentzer

[ QUOTE ]

I have ran loads of different wheels on loads of different VWs - and as long as you keep within those guidelines you wont have any issues.

To be honest The TT, A3, Beetle, Golf, leon are all the same some just have slightly prettier dresses and swapping wheels from one to another wont cause any issues at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ET on the wheels I'm looking at is 31. Golf is 32-38. Is 1 mm going to make much difference? I'd like to at least get some nice shoes even if the dress isn't as pretty jump.gif

They're only 16's, and the suspension / steering is standard. If I get any rub, I assume it'll just be the tyres that get damaged and not the car itself. I remember being able to modify the steering stop on my series 3 land rover when I put bigger tyres on - is trhis something I can do with the Golf?

Cheers

Ben

I'm driving to collect a set of beetle alloys on Saturday - I assume they're the "Route 66" ones. They've got brand new tyres on (they're brand new wheels as well), and they should be okay.

However, i've also been offered a set of 16" TT wheels (again brand new with brand new tyres) for £300.

They're down in Sleaford (Lincolnshire) if anyone's interested... Let me know, and I'll put you in touch with the guy selling them.

Cheers

Ben