Soggy Carpets, follow up ,so far !!!!

karlosthejackal

hi i also have this problem

alarm sounding - wiring replaced car dryed out £foc

alarm sounding again - internal sensor faulty £200

alarm sounding again - convenience unit replaced £400

now it's going off again.... booked in a week on tuesday.. whats my plan of attack peeps

it's full main dealer sh, 50k miles

[ QUOTE ]

To save future problems with rain water filling up the battery well and spilling into the pollen filter. Would it

not be possible to drill several small holes along the front of the battery housing and below the pollen filter to act as an over flow. Any water collected would then simply trickle down past the engine and gearbox and under the car.

Just a thought as I'm contemplating doing this myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

battery removed

Image00024.jpg

the offending drain plug (i've modded mine now to allow better flow but you could just leave it out)

Image00025.jpg

The rubber grommets are designed to allow water to run through but to prevent engine fumes and other smells from returning into the battery area and then being sucked through with the 'fresh air'. Had these grommets/valves been positioned where they could be seen and included in the Inspection service it would have been a step forward.

A solution really only exists by a fundamental redesign. A previous Passat model discharged this water into the wheel arches on either side between the wheel arch plastic liner and the metal inner arch. Not ideal but at least it kept it out of the car and didn't block.

I wouldn't personally drill any holes in the bottom of the battery box. What about installing an automatic bilge pump!! suicide.gif