B7 cab discounts.....pah!

Milo

Muppets or moneygrabbing bastards?  

1. 1. Muppets or moneygrabbing bastards?

• Muppets!!!
    • Money Grabbing Bastard Stealers!

While having to make a forced pit stop at Newcastle Audi today I thought I'd take the opportunity to speak face to face with the salesman I had some dialogue with 6 months ago about buying a cab. I was not impressed with his attitude then but put it down to maybe catching him at his hormonal time of the month.

We have exchanged a few emails over the last week about the new B7 cab and he had invited me in for a chat anyway.

Anyway, I said I would be interested to know what he could do for me on a 3.2 s-line cab. Obviously not wanting to sign today, I knew he wasn't going to push himself very hard but he also knows I want to order a new car in the next month or so.

I know the exact list price of the spec I want (thanks folks, you know who you are wink.gif) and I sat down with him as he ran the figures out. He held up the calcualtor at the end as said "There you go."

It was over £36,000 shall we say shocked.gif but I already knew that.

I then asked what sort of discounts would be available at the launch. At this point you would think I had cr4pped in his lunch box or something.

Feck all. Zilch. Not a penny. 0%.

I can't remember his exact words as I was just hearing blah, blah, blah. He said list price is what they'll sell them for. If people won't pay list, they can go elsewhere.

At that he actually got up out of his chair in a "shut the door on your way out" style.

I pointed out I could get an S4 cab under a year old for that kind of money but he didn't give a feck. Try again in 6 months was the best he could offer.

I can't honestly believe that Audi have tightened allocations and margins so much that every dealer can only sell the B7 cab for list. If they have then they have lost my business for a start.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. In my opinion Newcastle Audi are the biggest pile of bobbins I have ever known when it comes to selling cars. It is incredible to think the service side are part of the same dealership.

This has made up my mind on one thing; if I buy another Audi (and believe me, I am seriously considering my options now) I will never buy another car from Newcastle Audi as long as I can still breathe. The other 2 "local" dealers are owned by the same group, Colebrook and Burgess, and people on here have told horror stories about them as well so if I want to stick with Audi then I will looking for recommendations and contact names soon 169144-ok.gif

I'm pretty sure no other dealer will be able to match Newcastle Audi, that's Newcastle Audi, for sheer arrogance and incompetence.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

I can't honestly believe that Audi have tightened allocations and margins so much that every dealer can only sell the B7 cab for list. If they have then they have lost my business for a start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats how it was when the B6 Cabrio came out. I managed to negotiate heated seats for free in mine, that was it (and that took some arm twisting!)

Someone else I knew bought a 3.0 Sport with leather, Bose, etc etc. He phoned around 20 dealers, cash buyer, here's the spec, best price gets my order. He eventually ordered a car from 200 miles away as was the very best deal he could get. He got £200 off...

It's supply and demand.

Try getting a discount off a new Porsche Boxster, or the new 911 when it came out (I know someone who ordered two of these when the 997 came out, one each for the two partners of the company. So thats what, £140K of cars? THey managed to get free floor mats...) Try an Aston Matin V8 Vantage.

Now try a Kia Sedona, a Ssangyong Musso and a Proton Impian. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at just how much discount you can acheive sir. 169144-ok.gif Crap cars mind, and depriciate like a Steinway falling off a towerblock.

Always remember, it's the car you are buying, not the deal. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet...

Well, the way business is now, maybe you're right. Not the case when I bought.

Point I'm making though, is focus on the car and what you're paying, not the amount you knock off. stands to reason they'll only discount what they have to...

Oh, and try a couple of those car buying Internet sites, if they'll get you something off then go back and beat the dealer over the head with that.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't agree, discounts can always be had! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly - I know where you're coming from with that 169144-ok.gif

I agree it's supply and demand; if Audi feel there is sufficient demand for them to sell every one of their UK allocation without discounting then good luck to them. It's just I'll not be one of the customers tongue.gif

Almost £37,000 for a 3.2 cab with not a lot of options ticked (no xenons, no acoustic hood) is a hell of a lot to expect people to pay in my opinion.

I can buy a hell of a lot of car for that kind of money without being raped by Audi smirk.gif

Milo I'd be happy to see what I can wheedle out of anyone down here, or else happy to give you the contact details if you wanted to try as you'd know what you were looking for etc. I think my "special" contact is away this week as the emails have gone quiet.... frown.gif

Bit worried I got such a discount. The TTQS is obviously as desirable as Vanessa Feltz..... ROLLEY~14.GIFSAUER0421.GIFbike.thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

its a brand new model that is going to be in demand, Audi wont need to discount them confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost 10% discount was available on the B7 saloon and avant almost immediately confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, but the cab is not going to sell in as many numbers as a saloon, so surely not so much discount would be available

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

its a brand new model that is going to be in demand, Audi wont need to discount them confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost 10% discount was available on the B7 saloon and avant almost immediately confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the volumes are very different, surely ? How does this disprove the supply/demand argument in any way ? They make lots of saloons, and they know they can't sell all of them, so they do discounts. They make fewer cabs and are confident they'll all go, so they don't do discounts. Seems like straightforward logic to me ...

Your best bet is to get deals on added items which are not part of the Audi central pricing system, i.e. 3rd party items which are usually subject to big dealer markup, e.g. I got £700 off my i-Mob security system, and (on previous car) free Autoglym Lifeshine (or equivalent, can't remember exactly). Oh, and the dealer stole a wind deflector off a demo car (NOT another customer's!) and hid it in the boot so I got that as a £200 freebie too...